Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 2, 2010

Birthday Blog Hop

We are so excited to help celebrate the birthday of my very good friend Kim van der Sanden, otherwise known as "The MFT Lady." I am so blessed to work for Kim on the My Favorite Things team..but even more than that I'm so lucky to count sweet Kim, as one of my very dear friends.

In honor of Kim's love of the finer things in life, I inked up my "Top Shelf" Who's that Girl set and paper pieced my scene. I added linen bows to my package, using a paper piercer, a needle and a bit of linen twine. The back story is that Kim has a few special shops she likes to visit when she comes to a tradeshow up here in Boston once a year. I still feel badly about a pair of shoes that she wanted, but left behind....**giggle**


I am so looking forward to a few adult beverages in celebration of her birthday when we all get together in a few weeks in Chicago.

You'll find birthday wishes for Kim all over blogland today! Have fun bopping all around, and be sure to stop by Kim's Blog to leave her some birthday wishes!




25 Comments    Post a Comment:

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic, Joanne! So sad I am not going to this CHA! Would have loved to have met you!

StampOwl said...

gorgeous card Joanne

g said...

amazing Joanne! love the bows, pearls & fabulous piecing as always- just gorgeous!!

Kerry Johnson said...

Love it Jo!! That twill bow is fabulous!

Kim said...

Yeah, I still covet those Prada flats.... sigh. Maybe next year. I {heart} you and feel so blessed to call you my friend. You are so special and lovely! And your card is BEAUTIFUL and lovely too, and proudly displayed in my office!!

Cassie said...

This is great, Joanne ;D

Leigh OBrien said...

Woo hoo, Joanne...love those gorgeous presents...and you just rock the twill every time. Luv it!

Jodi Collins said...

Super sweet!

Carolyn King said...

awesome....love the fantastic layering and texture!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous and classy, Joanne! I love it!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Oh-so-chic, Jo! I LOVE your use of twill and twine (say that five times fast...)! :)

Alma de la Rosa said...

Just adorable!

Julie said...

Just gorgeous Joanne! The twill bow is just fabulous! How come my twill never looks like that? LOL

Lori Craig said...

Adorable! Love that big twill bow! LOVE it! Hope you had a fabulous vacation! Hugs!

Kathy Martin said...

What a cool card! LOVE your paper pieced presents! :)

Sherrie said...

Oh Joanne...it is always perfect from you...love those tied up packages!

Karen Motz said...

oooh! A few of those packages look big enough for a pair of shoes or two!!!! This is gorgeous!!

Allison said...

I love this card! Love all the piecing and soft beautiful colours and papers!

Lisa H. said...

oooo, this is sooo lovely! those pretty little boxes are just SWEET!

Marisa said...

Love how you tied the twine around the gift boxes! Fabulous card.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Great design! Love the mix of papers and colors!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is totally fabulous!!

Christina Fischer said...

Total gorgeousness, girlie!

I can't WAIT to see you SOON! :)

Jody Morrow said...

AWESOME card!

Chris said...

beautiful card. welcome back from vacation. I missed you.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover