Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 19, 2010

a la modes - Candy Cane Kisses

I had my class up at Ink About It this past weekend, and was I ever thrilled to find out that that they already had the new Tinsel and Twig collection from The Girls Paperie. I prompty scoffed up all of the papers (um, as well as the Toil and Trouble collection.)

And, as any kind friend would do (...once they've safely secured their own stash...) I made sure to tell all the girls in my class that this would be my newest obsession, and that as long as they happened to be in the store, that they might as well save the gas for a return trip, and simply pick up the Girls Paperie collections then. *giggle*

I also gave the girls a heads up that they'd soon be seeing the newest a la Modes from My Favorite Things, and hooray, today's the day! Today I've got the super cute Candy Cane Kisses to share with you - isn't she adorable?

Her teeny coat is paper pieced with one of the Tinsel and Twig patterns and I cut out an extra candy cane so that the layers were all correct. Remember, I'm a bit nutty about paper piecing, you always want to make sure to take care of the extra little layers so that no pieces are "sunken"

A set of Baby Braddies from My Favorite Things adorn each of the stitched corners on the main panel. And since I was having fun dicing up all the papers, I finished up the inside of the card adding extra scraps, stitching and the sentiment inside.


You'll remember that the a la Modes are My Favorite Things cling mounted stamps. You'll see the first four stamps in the collection here - I'm sure you'll love the adorable illustrations, and the clean, crisp impression from the cling mounted rubber.

Be sure to stop by Kim's blog today after 11 am EST for a full list of designers participating in previews today. I can't wait to see all the new cute samples!

15 Comments    Post a Comment:

Katie Skiff said...

Very cute card...these images are sweet. And I too would load up THEN tell friends! :D

Kerry Johnson said...

Love it!! that paper is fantastic! It's always so dangerous to stop by your blog!

Lori C. said...

Another beautiful project! I wish my things were as finished and lovely as yours. Keep the inspiration coming.

g said...

just darling & i love the music paper in it- way cool!!

Jenn Diercks said...

This one is too cute. I love the a la modes and can't wait to get this one to go with the others I have. The image is so sweet.

Michele Boyer said...

So very sweet, Joanne! I LOVE your black gingham ribbon here! (And thanks for the enabling on the paper...) ;)

Sue D said...

Adorable--I like the music DP.

Lisa F said...

That paper is adorable! Cute card!

StampOwl said...

fabulous Joanne

Melody said...

Darling! I am waiting for that paper to come in at my local LSS.

Jodi Collins said...

Those new papers are YUMMO...not to mention this super sweet a la mode!!

jen del muro said...

super cute!!!

Kathyc on SCS said...

Ooooh, so glad I snapped up some of this paper after your class! Girls Paperie may be my new fav; I LOVE the music sheet paper especially; your card is super sweet!

Megan said...

Gosh. This is cute. Cute.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Very pretty Joanne!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover