Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 28, 2010

Happiness is Handmade

Yesterday, I spent from noon till 7pm in the kitchen. First it was 60 cookies for the second and kindergarten class celebrations, then it was cleaning up that mess and making dinner.

Then I decided since I'd already trashed the kitchen, that I might as well go ahead and make Pumpkin Whoopie Pies. Since, after all, I'd roasted and pureed a pumpkin for that reason the other day....

At 8pm after I'd cleaned everything up, and frosted the pies, I realized that I really, and I do mean REALLY needed to color something. To sew something. And, this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club theme was just perfect for my day of baking.

Tag, You're It!

One Pumpkin Whoopie Pie with Cream Cheese frosting, in a glassine bag. Handmade tag tied on with gingham ribbon and linen thread. Happiness really IS homemade.

And, if you haven't picked up this adorable a la modes: What's Cooking - you might want to reconsider. She's totally fabulous, and in my case, exceptionally useful!

Be sure to play along with us in the Wednesday Stamp Club challenge adding YOUR tag to the SCS gallery using the keyword MFTWSC10272010

12 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jackie Pedro said...

ADORABLE, Joanee!! I just got this new a la mode the other day! You MUST post that recipe! I love anything pumpkin!!

Nancy Thomas said...

She is perfect for your cooking related tag. I admire all your baking too!

Unknown said...

Totally cute Jo!! I NEED to get some of these a la modes- most adorable!!

LORi said...

Too Too CUTE!!!!
HUGS - LORi

g said...

love your tag & we like to make whoopie pies too- bet the pumpkin is awesome!! i'm gonna be making tons of tags with this stamp this holiday season too- just love her!!

Jennifer said...

LOVE your adorable tag!! (=

CraftyMomOf3 said...

sooooooooooo cute Jo!!! Love love it!!!

can i have a whoopie pie? ;)


xoxo

Bren said...

ohhh, that is so sweet. and you must be exhausted. I love the cooking and crafting and don't like the clean-up so much. lol

Country Mouse said...

Wow!! You did get alot done!!! Love this tag and Whoopie pies sound yummy!!!

Lisa H. said...

soooo super sweet, Joanne! love this and I think you need to share that recipe, sounds yummy!

Leah said...

you must post the whoopie pie recipe! I'm drooling just thinking about it!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely adorable!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover