Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 6, 2010

MFT October Shop Hop

At long last, the stamps and Die-namics dies that we've been taunting you with all week, are now available in the MFT Store! And to celebrate, we're throwing a little Shop HOP - okay its not little it is HUGE!

You should have hopped on over here from Melody's Blog. Her work is so amazing, that I'm sure you'll have to take a moment to compose yourself.... her projects always take my breath away, right?

Tonight I'm happy to share a little card made with what is my very favorite set of the release. Pure Innocence: Something Special Just for You.

Its no secret, that I love a stamp set that you can use for lots of different occasions. This sweetie can be just a general birthday present, but I also love being able to glam it up to go along with a Christmas gift .

You're probably ready to tell me to stuff a sock in it, but I'm in LOVE with this paper - Tinsel and Twig from Girls Paperie. I added some Glitzy Glitter for a sparkly party crown, and paper pieced her dress and the present with lots of detail.

Remember, I'm all about paper piecing those layers correctly, so do yourself a favor, and trim out an extra arm to place on top for a finished detail.... getting all the layers correctly in your paper piecing is like putting a puzzle together, and the small details make all the difference in the end!

I stamped in the "xoxo" sentiment repeatedly for a little bit of fun, and I love all the contrast with the pop of black all throughout the project. Black matting, black ribbon, black bakers twine. Black, Kraft and Red. **love it**

Now my friends, you are in for a TREAT because the next stop on tonight's hop is Michele, her creativity is simply endless and I'm always amazed by her stunning projects! I'll race you over there!

30 Comments    Post a Comment:

Cindy Haffner said...

What a little SWEETIE!!!

Sherrie said...

Joanne this is so cute...love that music paper too!

Barbara said...

Beyond sweet, Joanne. Just adorable!

Lisa F said...

LOVE her paper pieced dress! SO cute!

Nicole said...

Very sweet! Love her sparkly crown and the music note paper!

StampOwl said...

fabulous Joanne love the paper piecing

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very sweet Joanne! She looks simply adorable and so ready for Christmas! Love all of the black accents! :D

szbacn1 said...

Love the papers you used... very cute!!!

Amanda said...

My oh my! She is the picture of Sweetness! I love, love your papers, you chose and the design! It's perfect :)

Sarah Gough said...

oh sooo sweet! I love that she can be used for any occasion too!

Smiles, Laurie said...

Loved this when I saw it on the site and it really is wonderful with the music and glittery crown!

Dawn said...

Very cute card!

Tinkerbeth said...

Adorable! I like how you thought to use her as a Christmas gift card!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Joanne. This is adorable. My kids are both in chior and that would be a perfect card to give their teacher. Thanks for sharing. I just might have to make something close to this. Have a great evening. Hugs, Lisa G

Vicki Davis said...

I love the xoxo markings on your card. The colors are so beautiful together and what do we care if you love paper and stamps! He, he.

Nancy Thomas said...

I really like the combo of papers - so sweet and pretty.

Melody said...

Love this! Just a wonderful color combination. The xoxo is the perfect!

Kelli Hull said...

Dottie, Gingham and music notes, now THAT is a STRIKING COMBO Joanne... I will have to try and remember that AND the name of the paper you used, LOL ;)

Congrats on a Wonderful Week of Peeks Joanne!!!!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

PI is my favorite MFT stamp set, and this little cutie just hits it out of the park. Very impressive paper piecing, ma'am!

Lisa H. said...

nope, no stock stuffing from me, keep it coming! LOVE this!

Shaz said...

So very cute!

Sue D said...

Very cute and I like her glittery crown.

Crafty Math Chick said...

Well you haven't come pounding down my door for a Janome mini tutorial, so I guess I am in the clear (LOL!). Adorable card, I can see why you like that paper so much. Great paper piecing too.

Megan said...

This is so cute!! I love that music paper. :)

Anonymous said...

love the sparkles!! very fun!

jennik

Unknown said...

This is so very cute... love the paper!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful Jo...I'm loving that staff paper too!! And what you can do paper piecing is always amazing! :-)

Tasha said...

Adorable card. The image is super - love your colouring. Fab papers and layout too
love tasha xx

Chris said...

I am in love with this card. the pasper the color mix, the the print mix, the textures the ribbon and twine add. Just love it to pieces, including the paper piecing

Jessie/knightrone said...

So sweet and CUTE!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover