Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 1, 2011

MFT Previews: Rosette Die


I found myself able to do a little Google Reader-ing the other day while I was waiting in line at the supermarket, and ran across this BEAUTY of a project from Laurie Schmidlin. She is so talented, and I'm always drooling over her projects. I as it turns out, I had to put together a special gift card holder for my son's godmother. (You'll see the target card, inside the glassine envie, tucked onto the pull tag.)


And fortunately, I have a handy little stash of these glassine bags. So - here is my shameless case of her beautiful project. This is a MFT Teaser of an upcoming Die-namics die as part of our January 2011 release! Here I'm using the 1/4" Rosette - (there is also a 3/8" Rosette)



You will LOVE, and simply must HAVE these Rosettes! I'm sure, like me, you probably have some continuing Christmas parties, and just might be giving some gift cards? I thought this was a fun presentation.... just note, you'll need to tuck it into a clear box, or some other clever presentation, because this rosette, will *not* fit inside a standard envelope!


Sweet rosette is filled out with a white felted Die-namic using the Let it Snowflake Die and a tiny self adhesive pearl on top.

For those of you that don't have continuing Christmas parties to attend for the next few weeks, how about a Valentine creation with this gorgeous die?


I made a lunchbag pocket by folding up a regular brown paper lunch-sack and stitched the sides closed. The front is covered with some scraps of the Girls Paperie and I've used the "xoxo" sentiment from the More Essential Sentiments (a new release which will be available Tuesday night!) my Rosette is finished off with a Cork Hearts a Plenty Die-namics a little twine threaded button and some self adhesive pearls.


The little paper pocket can hold either a gift card, or even a sweet treat. I'll be whipping up a bunch of these for teacher valentines! I love that you can use simple brown paper bags that you've already got at home, or can pick up at the regular grocery store for next to nothing.

The new Rosette Dies come in two sizes... which will make different sized finished Rosettes. I've made these by hand before, and I find all that scoring pretty tedious to get them just right. These new dies make it easy-peasy to get the job done, and I can sit and assemble them in bulk while I watch a quick show. Like my favorite.... Nate Berkus.

Hope you've had fun looking at these new Die-namics. I tell you, you'll just LOVE how you can add these custom beauties using those leftover scraps we all save. Have a GREAT day!

Don't forget to check Kim's Blog for a full list of all the designers participating in previews today. Two designers are secret blog candy holders every day. Be sure to leave a little love on their projects in order to maximize your chances at winning!

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful - the oversized rosette really adds to your gift presentation.

Katie Skiff said...

Sweet... I can't believe you guys thought of this die! AWESOME! I know that is one I am getting.

Trina said...

Your projects look awesome!

Nancy L. said...

these are beautiful!
love that die!

Sarah Gough said...

Gorgeous! More must-have dies!

Unknown said...

Oh boy I love that die!! What a great addition!! Happy New Year my sweet friend! :)

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Joanne!!! These are GORGEOUS!!!! I've seriously been staring at these cards for a good 15 min now!!!

Happy New Year!!

Love u!

Brenda said...

So cute, love the rosette!

scrappingnana said...

Both projects are beautiful. Love the new rossette die and that it comes in two sizes. TFS

Jessie/knightrone said...

These are GORGEOUS Jo!!

Kamilicrafts said...

I love this die! I have managed to make one by hand but it is time consuming, can't wait to get my hands on the die hopefully this week or next!Lovely project.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover