Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 29, 2011

Set Sail!

Teaser time for you again today and that dear Flopsey is back again - and this time he has set sail in Flopsey Smooth Sailing. I thought this nautical chap was just perfect to pair with our new Flat Bottomed Clouds and our new Catch a Wave Die-namic as well. *Oh. My. Goodness* .......Fun times...... I'll admit, I had SO much fun making this card!

I cut the waves from light blue felt twice, and I cut it up into smaller pieces to fit across the bottom of my circular panel in layers. I reversed the order of the middle set of waves... just makes it look more like a choppy sea, versus all going the same direction orderly waves. Poor Flopsey, hope he isn't prone to sea-sickness.

I popped up the sails so that I could actually tuck the clouds behind for extra dimension. The patterned paper is October Afternoon Campfire. I love the plaid and this fun herringbone papers together. I actually popped the middle of the sail higher than the peak of the sail so that it really is billowing out like an actual sail would once their was wind in there.

A bit of vintage trim, and small twine bow finish off the card, and I'm being brave lately and digging into my stash of brads. I never use them but have lots....and I'm vowing to USE more of the things that I've um, collected??

Be sure to head on over to the MFT Blog today for a full listing of all the designers participating in previews today. Three sets are up for Teasers today so you'll want to surf around so that you don't miss a thing!

Post a Comment

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover