Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 16, 2011

Sketchy again....

I'm having fun investigating my "scrappy" side and this week's My Favorite Things sketch is another fun one for that style.


Today and tomorrow I have stampy/scrappy home decor pieces to share with you. I'm sorta addicted to the Nate Berkus show and he's always talking about having pieces in your house that represent you and what you LOVE. Well, me, I love paper. So its only natural that I extend my favorite things into some home decor elements....

Here's the layout from this week's WSC and I so hope you'll play along. For me, sketch challenges really are freeing, I don't have to worry about the layout, I just figure out what I want to play with that fits into that sketch. And from there, its all FUN!

This little frame is inspired by a chair that we purchased this fall. I saw it from across the showroom and knew I had to have it. It is a chocolate and ivory houndstooth chair. So very me.

I paired it with a chocolate leather ottoman and I'm using red accents for the winter - red pillow, red vase on the mantle, so I reached for this red music print scrap to make my Die-namics Rosette.

For the tiny horizontal panel, I stitched on some tiny denim scraps. After all, I am a mom to two very busy little boys. Oh, and as a home daycare provider, I *live* in my jeans.

This is the room we snuggle in to watch TV, the room we visit in, the room where I read to my boys just before bed. The sentiment from Clearly Sentimental about Mothers was just perfect! (sorry... out of stock....)

I really hope you'll play in with Wednesday Stamp Club this week - I can't wait to see what YOU come up with for this fun sketch. Add your project to the Splitcoast Galleries using the keyword in the sketch, and join us for some chatter on the MFT Forum too!

And I'll be back tomorrow with another little scrappy something that makes my home just a little more *me*.

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jackie Pedro said...

This is beautiful, Joanne! I was in LOVE with Nate Berkus and couldn't believe it when I found out he was gay....I was crushed! LOL

Karen Motz said...

This is a PERFECT accent for your family room!!! PERFECT!!!!!!!

Jodi Collins said...

OOOOH! LOVE the cork heart!!

Barbara said...

ACK! This is fabulous, Joanne! Love it!

Rose said...

Love that hounds tooth and the red musical notes paper, beautiful work.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Joanne! I LOVE how each piece has a special meaning and tells a little story! Beautifully done! :D

Julie said...

So gorgeous Joanne! Love that cork heart!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I actually teared up a little reading your post and frame!! So perfect!!! And Nate...so cute!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is PERFECT!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover