Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 12, 2011

Valentine Paper Pockets

I had this fun idea for Valentines, that I was going to do for both of the boys classes, then I came to my senses that I didn't REALLY want to sew fifty paper pockets. But the sample was SO cute that I am going to make it for all their teachers instead!

I took a paper lunch sack, and folded it over in half, leaving about 1 inch at the top. I stitched just the sides of that pocket closed. Then I inserted two pencils into the opening and made a mark with a pencil as to how much room that took up. Removed the pencils and then stitched a line down making a mini pocket for the two pencils along the side.

I wrapped a length of Echo Park Be Mine patterned paper, and created a tiny hang tag with My Favorite Things Die-namics Hearts a Plenty Die and a sentiment from More Essential Sentiments. The tag is attached with a bit of Divine Twine and I added a rhinestone flourish too. Can I say, I love the rustic feel of the paper bag, contrasted with the shiny bling!


I tucked in a Hershey bar into the larger pocket and then a tag which includes a Dunkin Donuts gift card and a space for my little guy to write his name. Coffee and chocolate, I tell you there isn't enough of these to keep you going after a day with 25 five year olds who have had indoor recess since the beginning of January. Can you say R-E-S-T-L-E-S-S!


Quick note: Remember when you cut out the Die-namics Hearts a Plenty die that it cuts three hearts, so I've tucked the smallest one here on the inside!

I love this little project, but I am grinning that I'm not sewing these x 50. Though, you COULD make it with adhesive minus all the sewing..... which would certainly streamline things. I'm off to set out the supplies for the project we ARE doing with the boys for their valentines. Thank goodness my Cricut came to the rescue for my mass production needs! Have a GREAT day!




9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Laurel said...

Adorable and how thoughtful of you!

Unknown said...

So great Joanne!! Might have to case this from you - smart, crafty girl!! :)

Country Mouse said...

Super cute idea!!! I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Jana Weaver said...

What a fabulous idea Jo...I LOVE it!! And I'm sure the boys' teachers will too!!!

Christina Fischer said...

This is SO unbelievably cute!! I just love it! :)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is just darling Joanne! You have the most creative ideas! Wonderfully done! :D

Christy said...

That is just fantastic!!!!!

JenBalding said...

this is an awesome idea!!! thanks for sharing!

Bren said...

These pocket Valentines are soooo cute. What a FABULOUS idea!! I'm going to have to make some for every occasion. :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover