Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 13, 2011

Butterfly Kisses

If you know me well, you might know that I hardly EVER use purple. I'm sort of purple-phobic. But, my new favorite paper package has this cute purple stripe in it... and my little niece just celebrated her FIRST birthday (how did that happen so fast?) My older niece has everything pink, and the little one, has everything purple. So I knew that I'd have to break into the paper for her!


She's my sweet little red-headed girl, so I colored my Pure Innocence: Butterfly Kisses in her likeness, and while I love her to pieces, she's a little destructo, so my sis will have to keep this out of her reach so she doesn't eat this tiny gem, or this glitter either....


The alphabet paper is so adorable, but the card was getting "busy" looking, so I took a piece of vellum, put it over the alphabet, and stitched all around. Just softened the colors up a bit, and in my humble opinion, its pretty sweet.....

Lately, I feel like a big cheater if I don't finish off the insides too. I matched the layout adding a portion of the sentiment (love that with clear stamps you can selectively ink things up - I like to use just the corner of a dew drop sized pad to achieve this)


Happy Birthday to my sweet little girl - Auntie LOVES you, but please, please don't eat the card little chicken!

9 Comments    Post a Comment:

Chris said...

it's adorable. I love purple but have a hard time getting it to photograph well, and then it's hard to match. You did all of that so congrats, my hat is off to you.

Sarah Gough said...

I'm with you Joanne, purple looks awesome when others use it, I tend to shy away for some reason. You totally rocked it!

Tara Godfrey said...

ABSOLUTELY adorable, Joanne! I love it and the purple is fabulous! Great idea with the velum too. I have so much left over from my scarpbooking days and I have not really been using it on my cards but you have inspired me...well you alway inspire me with everything you do! Love this little PI girlie too...LOVE it all!
Hugs,t

Anonymous said...

And I am the opposite, I LOVE purple (see the new PTI colour, OMG) but never seem to use it! I have to today..that is it!! LOVE this one girl!

Jana Weaver said...

Very sweet...and the vellum over the top adds such a nice softness! And I love purple, so I think this is awesome!!

Dana White said...

LOVE the purple on this card Joanne - and her sweet red hair!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

soooo beautiful jo!!!

Rose said...

REally cute card, I love that precious PI girl, so sweet. Beautiful wrok.

Jessie/knightrone said...

I LOVE it girl...purple works for you!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover