Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 12, 2011

MFT's April Design Team Creative Challenge

Hello everyone! Its been pretty quiet on the blog here since the big MFT release! I was teaching class, and taking care of a sick little boy. (eeew. stomach bug...)

But today I'm here with this month's MFT Design Team Creative Challenge! Once a month we work on a particular theme and see what we all come up with. Today's is a really fun one "For the Kids." I can't wait to see what the other girls on the team come up with.

Today I've put together a spring bundle of Chicks and Eggs for my cute little niece. I've tucked this into her mailbox to enjoy a some Peeps (YUM) and jelly beans. (Delicious!)


I had so much fun getting mixy-matchy with stamp sets and Die-namics. Here's what I put to use:
The tag also doubles as a bookmark, so I clipped it to the treat bundle with a little mini binder clip. My little buddy LOVES storytime... is it me, or is that the best time of the day? Books and snuggles....


Here's a quick peek at the candy wraps. My LSS has these cute little tubes... I filled one with jelly beans and added a quick little wrap. I also made a wraparound sleeve for the peeps. (Now they're safe so I can't eat them. Have I mentioned, I loooove Peeps?) I tied the two treats together with seam binding. A quick candy wrap is a *great* use of your scraps.

Thanks so much for visiting with me today! I hope you'll head on over to the MFT Blog for a listing of all the girls on the team with a project For the Kids today!

17 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lisa H. said...

super cute and your niece will adore it! love the mix and match of papers.

Eva said...

Joanne, this is so PRETTY and I bet your niece will love it, too!

Sarah Gough said...

Awww, this is adorable, I bet your niece will be over the moon! Hope your wee guy feels better!

Alli Miles said...

super sweet!! great colours and you know the kids will eat it up ;)

Arlene said...

oh how cute this is Joanne, I ♡ it!!

StampOwl said...

what a sweet treat :)

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Jo!! This is ADORABLE!!! What a lucky niece your girl is!!! You are the best Auntie ever!!!

Love the colors you've chosen and that sweet PI with the chickie is oh so sweet!!

XO

Kerry Johnson said...

So super cute!! Love the colours and all the patterns you combined. And fun that you actually get to use some fun store bought goodies (since I'm pretty sure your boys can't have them).

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Love your jelly bean holder, this is so adorable.

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO totally darling Joanne! LOVE this bundle of treats and how you added her name! ADORABLE!!

Inge Groot said...

Oh my word, I am sure your niece will love this gorgeous present!!! Such a fun and bright project ( and not only for little girls;-))

Melody said...

Just darling!! Love the combination of colors and papers!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Super cute, Jo - your niece will love it! Btw -- you know what's even better than regular Peeps? STALE Peeps! Seriously: you have to try this. Open up the package and let the air hit the peeps for several hours. Then try once they're a little crunchy. You'll thank me!!! :)

Christina Fischer said...

I'm with Carole -- stale Peeps are the BEST!! :)

This is totally adorable! LOVE the colors and patterns you used!

g said...

just darling! your patterned papers and coloring are as cheery and fun as the yummy candies- LOVE this!!

Sheryl said...

I love this! It's precious! Great color combination and adorable image. Lucky little niece!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is COMPLETELY cute!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover