Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 24, 2011

Happy Vintage Birthday!

I really do LOVE this new Just My Type stamp set with the fun vintage typewriter and coordinating Die-namic for both the typewriter and the piece of paper.  So many awesome sentiments to include on your project - since the card is for my son's second grade teacher, I thought I'd go with Happy Birthday instead of the "You're not old, you're vintage." If she didn't think it was funny, my son would have had a BAD day. *giggle*


I added the "click clack" from the Own Your Story stamp set - loving the mixy-matchy thing lately.  I cut my Pretty Posies Die-namic from canvas.  Did I tell you that I"m the proud new owner of a Vagabond?  I can actually CUT CANVAS with that baby.  Sweetness.

I've got a triple trim treatment here with a bit of bakers twine inside the button a layer of flat striped ribbon and a twill ribbon bow.   These fun pattern papers are from Pink Paislee's Daily Junque collection.  Its fabulous.


In other (very sad) news I got an email that one of my LSS's where I teach is closing.  This totally breaks my heart!  I've loved teaching there, and I adore all the girls that have come to my classes.  So I'm asking you this. If you have an LSS near you, PLEASE PLEASE be sure to make some time to swing by, pick up a little something new, or pick up a little of your favorite paper that might not be brandy new - but very beloved.  Be sure to support your local shops whether it is your favorite mom and pop coffee shop, or your local stamping and scrapbooking store.  I just *happened* to pop into my LSS the other day and found  TREASURE TROVE of new goodies. 

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jennifer said...

LOVE that stamp!! Great card!! (=

Sarah Gough said...

ohhh, you always have the bestest papers! I'm thinking it would be worth the $2000 it would cost me to come play at your house :-D Gorgeous Joanne!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Great card and OH NO! Which store around here is closing?!?!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Another GORGEOUS card....I wish I had a local stamp store...you KNOW I would support it, lol!

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous! I love the paper you used for the typewriter and the fab canvas flower.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover