Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 3, 2011

MAY Shop HOP

MFT's SHOP HOP
If you've just tripped across our little hop,
be sure to start at the MFT Blog so that you don't miss a single stop!

What a week! Its been a crazy one for me both in stamp life, and in real life too. First Communion for my oldest last week, my little guy turns six this week. Birthday party (twelve six year olds what WAS I thinking) and cupcakes to make. Teacher Appreciation all this week - cards to make, treats to send. Mother's day - don't get me started, I'm not there yet....

What a FUN release for My Favorite Things this week. All I can say is thank goodness I'm a plan ahead type girl and was ready a bit early. And, with stamps this CUTE... it makes good therapy when life gets this hectic.... All the latest stamps and Die-namics are now available within the MFT Store. You'll find all the new goodies in the category Brand Spankin' New!

I adore this little Pure Innocence: Roll With It. With great sentiments like "This is how I roll." and "Skating By to Say Hi" its practically perfect. My hubby and I used to enjoy rollerblading on the weekends. (....before kids...)  I'll admit to being a little afraid to put the boys on skates just yet. We've tried ice skating, and um, lets just say they were not pleased that their ski skills didn't translate to ice.

I tried not to get too girly with my sample, she IS sporty after all. I'm kind of digging putting my image just a skootch off center and then adding a bow just along the side.


Want to hear a funny one? I couldn't get my little layout to come together, and guess what I did.... flipped it upside down. (pretty lucky for me that my panels didn't have words or flowers... nothing upsidedown.) So, here's my little tip, if you're having trouble getting things to come together for you, give it a flip and see if that improves things for you...

How about another sample?  

If you're my Mom.... look away...... spoiler alert.... this is your Mother's Day Card....

I'm assuming that Mom is no longer reading. So here goes!  I hadn't yet put the new Rolled Daisy Die-namic to use, and it is WAY too cute not to use, and not to share with you.  I cut it from ivory felt. Personally, those rolled flowers work the best for me with felt, it is so much more flexible.

If you joined us at the MFT Release Party, then I already peeked this one - but here goes for anyone that missed the party......


The sketch is this week's Mojo Monday - I hadn't played along with it in ages.  And this new cute paper.  Its Lime Tart from  My Mind's Eye.  I reached for Clearly Sentimental About Mothers and had lots of fun working this new paper.....


Here's a close shot of the flower, these rolled flowers have *such* amazing dimension. I used some Baker's Twine to sew the whole flower together and I love that it gives a realistic center to the flower.  It's all about the *little* touches right?



Okay, I've kept you long enough, I'm sure you're antsy to continue the hop, and get to SHOPPING right?

Be sure to SKATE ON BY to see JULIE! She's the next stop on our hop tonight and I know she's got something 
super super cute to share with you tonight!

20 Comments    Post a Comment:

Barbara said...

Love them both, Joanne! Fab Mother's Day card and your little roller girl is delightful!

krussellstudio said...

Adorable!! Love them both.

tiff said...

Love that rolled daisy!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

love them both, these are so great.

Petie S. said...

How darling. Beautiful Mother's Day card also.

Katie Skiff said...

Wow, so cute. Both are so bright and cheery. Hope you can relax a little now!

StampOwl said...

so cute Joanne

bernshwag said...

Adorable cards Joanne, love your daisy!

Hugs,
Candi

Shirley N said...

Love both of your cards! Love your image and your paper piecing on the first and love your flower on the second. Beautiful cards!

Melody said...

Wonderful cards Joanne! I love how your flower looks! Sewing it together is a great idea!

Bonnie said...

Oh yeh.....gorgeousness at it's best - lovin' that daisy!

Lisa H. said...

C.U.T.E.....love these and your mom's card rocks!

Christina Fischer said...

Seriously, I don't know how you do it... no matter how busy, you crank out the MOST amazing stuff! That flower, those layouts... perfection! :)

Jodi Collins said...

These are AWESOME Joanne! I especially love your Mother's Day card!!!

Scraping Miami said...

love and the coloring on sky amazing those flowers are so sweet love it all

g said...

these are awesome!! you're just amazing- to find the time to create so many awesome projects with all you've got going on!! WOW! little roller is super sweet & i LOVE your Mother's Day card!!

Sheryl said...

This card is pretty, bright and cheerful! I love the flower! Your mom is going to love this!

Inge Groot said...

Both cards are stunning Joanne. Gorgeous mother's day card and the PI girl looks cute, fab bow!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are so fun! Love that felt flower! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is completely cute...love the sewing and the flower on the second one...LOVE IT!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover