Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Karen!

Happy Birthday Karen!

Please help me wish a very happy birthday to my sweet friend Karen Motz!  I'm *quite* sure you already read her ADORABLE blog Paper Playhouse and if you don't oh my goodness you are missing out, she makes the ca-uuuutest things!  Be sure to swing by over to her blog today and leave her a little birthday wish!  I've got to say that I am SO blessed to have her in my life, she is one of the sweetest and most thoughtful friends a girl could ask for. 

((((hugs))))) girlie you're the greatest!
 

To celebrate Miss Karen's Birthday (that's what my kids call her...) today I'm making my second card of the month with Jen's Sketch for You to Try!  This is such a fun layout that I was excited to dig into it again.  

 
and since Karen and I were introduced by the Bella herself at Stamping Bella... of course I had to make a Stamping Bella themed birthday card - right? (Thanks Emily!)  ....You might also remember that Stamping Bella is the sponsor of this month's SFYTT challenge....


I do love those sweet Turtle Tots so I'm always excited anytime I get an occasion to grab my green markers and get going.  I've given the chocolate cake a coating of Glossy Accents for a really sugary frosting and a quick puff of liquid applique for the pom pom on the hat. 

Patterned papers are the My Mind's Eye Lime Tart paper pad. Cute cute stuff in that collection!

Be sure to add YOUR sample to Jen's SFYTT post - this year Jen has one new sketch a month, and if you complete all twelve, you're eligible for a prize!  Here's a little reminder on the details.....

1. The SKETCH FOR YOU TO TRY {SFYTT} will be posted on the first Saturday of each month on www.iheart2stamp.com at 8am EST and will stay open to participants until the last day of the month, unless otherwise noted.
2. This is for fun! Interpret the sketch as you wish and embellish as desired. There are no vendor restrictions, but we would love to see you use the sponsor’s stamps!
3. Each month we will have a Designer of the Month that will be chosen from past month’s participants.
4. Come and play with us on each and every sketch! On Christmas Day 2011 a prize package worth over $200 will be given away to one very lucky and loyal SFYTT stamper that participates in EVERY sketch for the year.
5. To be eligible for the prize package, you must complete ALL of the sketches by each of the deadlines AND link your creation to the link system on that month’s sketch post (the first Saturday of the month). Everyone except for SFYTT Sisters are eligible for the prize package, including Designer of the Month and international players.
6. When posting your sketch creation on your blog, please post the sketch and link back to the sketch post on www.iheart2stamp.com. When posting to online galleries, please use the keyword “SFYTT.”

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Karen Motz said...

You are just TOO sweet!!!!! Thank you SO much for the fabulous card and birthday wishes!!! I'm so lucky we're not just internet friends, but real life friends too!!! HUGs!! Oh, and by the way, that cake is making my mouth water...YUM!!

Leslie said...

Gorgeous card and that cake looks so real, I want to cut a piece!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is darling Joanne! The image is just too cute and it is colored up perfectly! Beautiful papers too! So fun to see you this weekend! Off to wish Miss Karen a very Happy Birthday! :D

Jessie/knightrone said...

So super cute!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover