Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 14, 2011

MFT's Design Team Creative Challenge - Let's Paint

This month's Design Team Creative Challenge for My Favorite Things was to paint. I keep buying it at my local crafty stores, but then I'm too afraid to use it! I keep seeing it on the crafty blogs I read and I love the look, but then .... it just sits there on my shelf.....

I have been loving the mixed media - scrappy style and was excited to throw my hat in for this month's Design Team Creative challenge - Let's Paint!

This card is clean and simple looking, but eeesh, even those CAS cards don't come too quickly for me.  In fact, is it possible that they take me longer because I obsess about every little detail?  I dry embossed this houndstooth pattern with my Cuttlebug embossing folder, and then spread a layer of White Crackle Paint. I'm not entirely patient, so I zapped it with my heat gun to dry.


I also used the Claudine Helmuth Red Paint over a piece of Sticky Back Canvas and set that aside to dry. Once dried, I cut out a Die-namics Hearts a Plenty in the largest size, overstamped with the text print from Own Your Story and again, hit that Brilliance ink with my heat gun (I love the look of that ink, but eesh does it take forever and a day to dry.)

Te heart is stitched in place over the layer of crackle paint. For fun, I crackle painted one end of my cardbase and then wrapped the end with a bit of double stitched ribbon.  Three tiny buttons are hand stitched with a bit of Bakers Twine....and I added a Simply Scalllops trim in ivory felt.

I finished off the inside with the same supplies adding a sentiment from Clearly Sentimental about Father's 


See, I'm all about multi-tasking and ssssh. Now I've got my hubby's Father's Day card complete.

Be sure to check the MFT Blog today for a full list of designers who have painted up a little something for you today!  Enjoy!




11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Gabby said...

I like your card! The paper and layers are great. I love the painted then stamped heart. All of your stitching looks awesome! :)

Melody said...

Love the way the paint looks on the embossed background!

StampOwl said...

awesome use of paint Joanne

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Jo...this is GORGEOUS!!! Nice job on the paint!! So handsome...seriously...beautiful job.

xoxox

Erin Smetak said...

Gorgeous! And SO why I don't use paint! Who's got the time and patience to let that stuff dry! LOL! Hope your husband LOVES the card!!!

Karen Motz said...

Love those painted elements! And I agree, CAS and shabby cards take me way longer to create!!

Megan said...

This is TOTALLY cute!! I love the masculine feel and those buttons are perfect!

Lisa H. said...

pretty fabulous!

Kim said...

Gorgeous Jo!!

Jodi Collins said...

I just love this Joanne! Perfectly designed!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Stunning!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover