Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 19, 2011

Its time to be an MFT VIP

Are you ready to be an MFT VIP? Its your chance to get your hands on next month's Who's That Girl - this month it's Sunflower Who's That Girl!


You'll find the newest VIP Kit here: MFT VIP KIT

....and just look at all the goodies included....
  • Sunflower Who's that Girl stamp set
  • Sunflower Sentiments mini (VIP exclusive stamp set - will never be offered for sale or be available again $9 value, FREE)
  • Open Scallop Doily Duo Die-namics die - a Die-DUO how awesome of a perk is that?
So, how about we take a little peek.....


Did I mention, I LOVE sunflowers? My college girlfriends sent me a bouquet of them when my oldest son was born, and I always think of that when I see them in the store.....

If you haven't been hopping along, well then GOSH you've missed a ton of beautiful samples using this set. Be sure to start up at the MFT Blog so that you don't miss a single thing....

I'm really excited about this, very pretty, Who's That Girl.  Her dress is just perfect for paper piecing.  If you're not familiar with how to do this here's a quick step by step.

I stamped Who's That Girl and Die-cut the image.  Colored her arms, the flower, her neckline and the background. Be sure to color *before* you add on any pieced elements! If you assemble, then color, you might have your marker touch the patterned paper and make a mess. Trust me, I've done this and you'll be so bummed to have to start over! 
Using a liquid adhesive (I recommend a Quickie Glue Pen) apply her dress over the stamped image.
But you see, now her arm is covered. Let's fix that....



I simply stamped another image to a piece of white cardstock, colored just the arm and the flower stem and trimmed it out.
Remember to color, then cut, it is WAY easier than trying to color a tiny piece of paper!

 Apply the "extra" arm and flower stem using liquid adhesive and your image is complete!
I love paper piecing, but admittedly, some images are easier to tackle than others.  This one, I'd say is pretty easy to work with! I've used the new Basic Grey Sweet Threads patterned paper for my project today, and this pretty script paper is from Prima.


Do you spy the Die-namics Open Scallop Duo (I've used the larger of the two to mat my main image....) I've added a luscious seam binding bow to finish off my card.

Before you go.... we have a FUN announcement tonight:

We have a special treat for you today!  In addition to the release of our newest VIP Collection, we are excited to offer you the opportunity to earn our CHA-exclusive stamp set, My Heart Belongs To, absolutely FREE. It pairs well with the previously released First Place Award Ribbon and will give you many new options in creating gorgeous works of art. When you purchase $50 or more, we'll send you a FREE CHA-exclusive stamp set valued at $9. This special is good through July 24th, or until we run out. Here are the details, at a glance:

Promotion dates: July 19, 10 PM through July 24
  • Spend $50, and we'll include the CHA-exclusive stamp set, My Heart Belongs To, in your order (limited supply)
  • The free set will be sent to ONLY the first 500 orders over $50 during the promotional period
  • Your order must require shipping (digital-only orders will not qualify)

Okay, that's an even MORE fun reason to shop tonight, right?  The next stop on tonight's hop is JULIE 


20 Comments    Post a Comment:

Sherrie said...

Beautifully done Joanne.....oh I LOOOVE that paper!

StampOwl said...

so pretty Joanne

jeanne girl said...

Nice card Joanne! Love your paper piecing!!

Lin said...

So striking! Beautifully done!

Karen Motz said...

Really pretty Joanne! Love all those sweet layers.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

love the colors you used, thanks for the tutorial on how you paper peirced this.

Michelle VP said...

pretty, pretty! Love that ribbon! :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful card and wonderful paper piecing!

Melody said...

Just beautiful! Love the rich colors! See you in two days!

Arlene said...

beautiful card! love those papers! ♥

Sarah Gough said...

Gorgeous!!! So scrumptious

Inge Groot said...

LOL I see we've had the same idea of making a little paperpiecing tutorial;-) Such a fab card Jodi!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Oh Jo!!! I thought about your love of sunflowers when I saw this set, too!!! Such beautiful memories my friend! ;) Thanks for the piecing words of wisdom. Always so helpful!! Loving on that seam binding!!

XOXOXOXO

Lisa H. said...

ahhhh! pretty and sweet! love it.

Kim said...

Lovely card! Thanks for the little tutorial. Always welcomed. Thank you for sharing your talents.
~Kim

Anonymous said...

Amazing card ;o)
Love the design papers you used!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE these papers! So pretty!

Lena95469 said...

so stinkin cute!!!

Christine said...

Fantastic tutorial. Love all of the photos for each step. Fantastic card too. Love this set! Thanks for the hop!
xoxo, Christine

g said...

just gorgeous!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover