Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 4, 2011

Perfect Pinwheel Die-namics and Stamp Set and a late PI Preview too!

I am sure that you'll be seeing many projects where this fabulous new Perfect Pinwheel graces the front of a card today, but I wanted to share a sample I made of a quick, cute and sweet pinwheel gift bag I made for one of my little daycare clients.

I can not disclose how many pixie sticks I consumed while making this little project, but suffice it to say..... YUM!   I like to keep a stash of small kraft bags on hand for quick little presents, I found some fun scraps to turn into a pinwheel and then attached the finished pinwheel to a Pixie Stick using a dimensional foam dot. 


Then I stitched around all the edges of the patterned papers, leaving the hand cut hill open along the top, so I could tuck my pinwheel into that little pocket....  I added a sweet little sentiment from the coordinating stamp set - there are so many fun ones to choose from!


I mentioned yesterday that I'm a big behind on my previews, so today I've got a Pure Innocence preview to share with you using Jen's Sketch For You to Try for July.  Did you know that MFT is this month's sponsor?  (Yeah me, I've completed ALL of the monthly sketches so far, and now we're more than halfway there!  Are you with me?)


I modified it a little to make a square card, and used vellum for my sentiment for the panel across the front.  Pattern paper is Sweet Threads from Basic grey.   I drew in the grass with my Prismacolor pencils, I've learned to not press so heavy, and to try to make my grass "wispier" and I think I like it better this way.  Practice, practice.

You'll see that I also tucked in the new Die-namics Solid Bracket Border along the side.  Love this one.....


Be sure to check the MFT Blog today for a full list of designers that have something sweet to share with you.  See you tomorrow with one more sample before the new release is available!!

Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover