Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 9, 2011

August Design Team Creative Challenge

It's time for another Design Team Creative Challenge with my friends at My Favorite Things. This month, Christina had a challenge for us, to incorporate a fun fold into our projects.  There are so many different creative folds, and we can use any of them, no standard cards today baby!

**by the way, I'm offering Blog Candy featuring a new MFT a la modes image
and TWO Die-namics. Be sure to read this post here**

Me, well I've always loved the "joy fold" - and I reached for my new Pure Innocence: Caramel Apple and added on a sentiment with the File Tab Die-namic.


It is a side opening card, and for mine, you un-tie the bow to see what's inside..... you'll see I've edged the front penel with the Simply Scallops Die-namic. Here's a tip, I have a little shirt box that I've been decimating to use as an additional layer for strength.  I cut once with paper, once with thin cardboard and it makes my pieces a little more durable.  


and then here's the fun inside! That little flap covers the inside panel, and I tucked another portion of the sentiment inside.  I've used the fish tail banner from the First Place Award Ribbon and one of the Pretty Posies cut from canvas.  


You know why I love fun folds like this? You can use a lot of different pattern papers, because you know what, if you use up your pattern paper, you can justify buying even MORE. *giggle*

Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for a full list of designers participating in today's Design Team Creative Challenge. I can't wait to see what the girls have folded up for the occasion!


10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jennifer said...

Super CUTE!!! Love all the great DP!!! (=

bernshwag said...

Adorable card Joanne, I love this fold!

Hugs,
Candi

StampOwl said...

Love this Joanne

Lisa H. said...

soooo beautiful!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

SWOON!!! this is so gorgeous Jo!!!

xo!

Nancy Thomas said...

So pretty - great paper choices for that little cutie pie. Fun folds too!

Jodi Collins said...

This is PRECIOUS Joanne! LOVE this fold, the PI you used and these papers!

Melody said...

Love the papers and fold! The tab is the perfect touch!

Jody Morrow said...

That is adorable!

Michele Boyer said...

This is soooo cute, Joanne! Great fold, and I always love your layouts! (And bows!) :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover