Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 4, 2011

I DARE you, Get Dirty!

Splitcoast Stampers is for me, where my obsession with stamping began.  To be able to search for a particular stamp set I'd just purchased, and see *so* many gorgeous cards with it.  I loved participating in the daily challenges, and with each one, I became more confident in my ability to create.  I met so many wonderful people on Splitcoast and learned from all of the oustanding Tutorials written each week.

What I didn't know, is that it would literally, change my life.  Sounds crazy, but its true.  I'm now blessed three days a week that my "hobby" has become my job. That I've met some of my very closest of friends.  That I now consider myself - an artist? 

I never would have dreamed that I'd be lucky enough to be asked to join the Splitcoast Dirty Dozen, these girls were my stamping HEROES and now, I'm pleased to count so many of them as my dear friends.

Serving on the dozen was a HUGE accomplishment for me, what a huge honor to have my work recognized. I enjoyed every single moment and challenged my creative boundaries and grew so much during those six crazy months.

This week, Splitcoast is holding the Dare To Get Dirty - a series of challenges hosted by present and former "Dirty Girls."   Did I mention there are PRIZES - if you complete all of the challenges before August 10th, you're in the running for a prize, selected at random from all those that complete ALL the challenges.  (and yes, you can combine them.)

You've got to be a member of the Splitcoast Fan Club to participate in the challenges - but I can't recommend the Fan Club enough.  Here's a few reasons

1) Access to the monthly Dirty Dozen Gallery - you'll have over 100 amazing - totally drool worthy projects to inspire you.  You'll also have access to all the previous Dirty Dozen Galleries - learn from the best of the best and pick up some new ideas!

2) Instant upload privileges! Your uploads to the Galleries will *instantly* be visible - you won't have to wait for moderator approval. Which means - Sunday uploads are a-okay.  I'm an "instant gratification girl" so this is a big deal for me.

 3) You're supporting the greatest Stamping Community ever!  Splitcoast is THE place for cardmakers and stampers - help support this amazing community!

4)  As I mentioned above, these challenges are FABULOUS and you're going to learn SO much, try new things in your projects, and you'll have FUN too.

Okay, so my sample for my challenge I'm hosting is below, but you've got to head on over to the forum set aside for the Dare to Get Dirty challenge!


I'm having lots of fun with the new Just the Ticket Stamp set and Die-namics from MFT.  I also reached for the Open Scallop Duo (the larger of the two) and ran through a piece of corrugated cardboard for a real rustic look.  Pattern papers are from Authentique. 

Have fun and go ahead, I DARE you to Get Dirty!




 

3 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

UM, well lets see, words that come to mind for this card...PERFECTION, BEAUTY, AWESOME, DETAILED, MINE!!! LOL
Couldn't love it more Jo!

Grannymama said...

Love ur card...I checked out the 'Splitcoast Fan Club"...don't have the money to join and I can follow your blog to look at your cards for inspiration.

Jenny said...

Very inspirational words Ms Joanne!! You are a great stamper and to hear that you were a 'beginner' once is really motivating:) I just joined the fanclub and am going to *try* to play along in a few (wish I could do them all, but no time)...I LOVE your project- the way you left the holes intact...want to do that but the little buggars pop out..any tips on that? they are just so small! lol! K, rambling. Bye for now!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover