Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 2, 2011

Its time to HOP and then SHOP with MFT!

Welcome to the MFT August Shop Hop!

I've had a blast working with this month's release from My Favorite Things! Tonight all the newest stamps and accessories are available in the shop, but we've got a fun HOP planned for you featuring work from each of our talented designers...

If you didn't start up at the MFT Blog, you'll want to pop up to the beginning, because you've already missed half of the gorgeous samples. :)

I am working with à la modes: Bundle of Baby and put together a card for my sweet friend Taylor who is expecting.  I've paired it with the larger of the two Doilies in the Open Scallop Doily Duo do you see it just peeking out up over the corner?  

and I will admit to being "sentimentally challenged" so I'm loving the new Bracket Tab Die-namics.
I am quite sure that his will get SO much use from me.


Down the very bottom of the card, you'll see a layer of the Simply Scallops Medium Die-namic.
I'm loving rolling forward the edges of my patterned paper, that double sided paper is pretty on *both* sides so why would you want to tack it all down and hide it.

I think my favorite part of this card is the little baby bundle itself, I paper pieced it, stamping the blanket twice so that the pattern on the "fabric" would turn the way a real blanket would in a swaddle.

Oh sweet baby swaddles, my boys always *loved* to be snuggled up in a swaddle.

This cutie-patootie paper is October Afternoon's Ducks in a Row - my favorite ever for baby cards. Its finished off with a bit of Baker's Twine, lots and lots of sewing and a little snippet of Vintage trims.

Don't forget to stop by the MFT Boutique to peruse all the latest goodies. This is a fantastic release - and surely you'll find a little something that *needs* to come to live at your house!

Your next stop on tonight's hop is my super sweet, and uber crafty friend JESSIE! Have a blast!

24 Comments    Post a Comment:

Jackie Pedro said...

How adorable, Joanne! LOVE the stitching on the bracket die! wonderful details!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so adorable. Love the dp and the great design

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a delightful baby card, Joanne! Your stitching is simply perfect! :D

Anonymous said...

SHUT...well, you know! Perfect and darling!

zehra said...

a lovely card, so sweet. i like the rolled paper, so cute.

Country Mouse said...

This is THE sweetest card!!! Love it!

bernshwag said...

Adorable card Joanne, I love your swaddled bundle!

Hugs,
Candi

StampOwl said...

this rocks Joanne

Pat Gasko said...

A super sweet card. Love the bundle of joy along with your terrific colors.

Kary said...

Totally Adorable, Joanne!! Love how sweet the card looks.

JoAnn Heinbuch said...

Total cuteness!

Atticelf said...

Any mama would love this!

Houses Built of Cards said...

Awww...this is soooo sweet! Love the colors, the twine, the stitching - everything!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Steph Herbert said...

So much textured goodness. I LOVE the colors and layers! :)

Luanne said...

I can see why you love these papers, they are perfect on a baby card. I LOVE your idea of rolling up the double sided DP. Fabulous!

Jodi Collins said...

How totally ADORABLE Joanne! LOVE these papers and the rounded edges!!!

Angel said...

Totally darling! love the folded corners so you can see both sides of the dp! Fabulous card! And thanks for your sweet write up announcing me as the GDT winner! My son said, "They were talking about me?!?!! Cool!", haha!

Leilanie said...

what a sweet card! Too precious

Nancy Thomas said...

A beautiful layout and perfect papers for that fun a la mode image.

Melody said...

Darling! Love all those layers!

Rachel G said...

So pretty! Love the papers!

Megan said...

Totally darling! I love all of your layers.

Happy Scrapper!! =) said...

soo adroable!! loove that stamp!!! =) and i loove the colours.. and that littlerolloing up the paper tech. sooo have to try it!! =)

Sarah Gough said...

oh the rolled edge is GENIUS! Gorgeous as always Joanne!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover