Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 3, 2012

Cold Hands. Warm Heart!

Tonight's the night!  The newest stamps and Die-namics dies will be available this evening at 10pm EST. But we're not done quite yet!  Today we're celebrating with the Pre-Release Pep Rally and Die-namics Feature! 

I've had a fun project idea since the minute I saw these Die-namics Layered Heart!  I had recently seen rice bags on Pinterest, they're hand made hand-warmers. And look, these hearts are just the right size for small hands, and small pockets!  

I've tied them onto a gift tag, and tucked in a sweet little tag with the Just the Ticket Die-namics and Stamp Set, along with just the heart from the Homespun Birdhouse Die-namics. The sentiment is included in the Pure Innocence: Heart Warmer stamp set. See, I really like digging through my stash to see how things go together! 



The Die-namics Layered Heart made this project so easy to complete.  I cut four of the large red hearts from red felt, and two of the smaller white heart from white felt.   The dotted lines make it *really* easy to sew. I simply lined the dots up and used them as my guide. I stitched all the way around and left 1.5 inches open at the very end so I could fill the bags with rice.  Once the little pockets were filled up, I stitched that little bit closed sealing all the rice inside.  If you don't have a sewing machine, you could just as easily hand stitch these using the small white holes as your guide.

Here's a quick video that shows how I put my set of rice-bag hand-warmers together. My nine year old was THRILLED when I gave these to him this afternoon. They're tucked away for tomorrow morning and will get tossed in the microwave before we head out in the morning.


I will fully admit, I spilled a bunch of rice.  So, there is the potential that this isn't a mess free project, but I love that the results are all natural, I don't want my kids using those chemical once given their crazy food allergies!  Just tuck these babies in the microwave for 30-60 seconds and they'll warm right up.  *just be sure not to get them wet, or the rice can get moldy - yuck*




Be sure to visit the MFT Blog today for a full list of designers with a sample for you!  We'll see you tonight at the New Release Cocktail Party! We'll be chatting it up on the MFT Forum on Splitcoast from 8-10pm EST.

Be sure to bring your handy Shopping List so that you don't miss a thing from this month's release, its a great one!





Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover