Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 3, 2012

Cold Hands. Warm Heart!

Tonight's the night!  The newest stamps and Die-namics dies will be available this evening at 10pm EST. But we're not done quite yet!  Today we're celebrating with the Pre-Release Pep Rally and Die-namics Feature! 

I've had a fun project idea since the minute I saw these Die-namics Layered Heart!  I had recently seen rice bags on Pinterest, they're hand made hand-warmers. And look, these hearts are just the right size for small hands, and small pockets!  

I've tied them onto a gift tag, and tucked in a sweet little tag with the Just the Ticket Die-namics and Stamp Set, along with just the heart from the Homespun Birdhouse Die-namics. The sentiment is included in the Pure Innocence: Heart Warmer stamp set. See, I really like digging through my stash to see how things go together! 



The Die-namics Layered Heart made this project so easy to complete.  I cut four of the large red hearts from red felt, and two of the smaller white heart from white felt.   The dotted lines make it *really* easy to sew. I simply lined the dots up and used them as my guide. I stitched all the way around and left 1.5 inches open at the very end so I could fill the bags with rice.  Once the little pockets were filled up, I stitched that little bit closed sealing all the rice inside.  If you don't have a sewing machine, you could just as easily hand stitch these using the small white holes as your guide.

Here's a quick video that shows how I put my set of rice-bag hand-warmers together. My nine year old was THRILLED when I gave these to him this afternoon. They're tucked away for tomorrow morning and will get tossed in the microwave before we head out in the morning.


I will fully admit, I spilled a bunch of rice.  So, there is the potential that this isn't a mess free project, but I love that the results are all natural, I don't want my kids using those chemical once given their crazy food allergies!  Just tuck these babies in the microwave for 30-60 seconds and they'll warm right up.  *just be sure not to get them wet, or the rice can get moldy - yuck*




Be sure to visit the MFT Blog today for a full list of designers with a sample for you!  We'll see you tonight at the New Release Cocktail Party! We'll be chatting it up on the MFT Forum on Splitcoast from 8-10pm EST.

Be sure to bring your handy Shopping List so that you don't miss a thing from this month's release, its a great one!





42 Comments    Post a Comment:

zehra said...

So precious and sweet, also if you do not want to use rice, use lavender and flax seeds awesome combo.

Ana Carolina Little said...

Beautiful and soooo sweet!!!

Unknown said...

This is an awesome idea Jo!! Love those sweet hearts!! :)

Crystal R said...

Hand warmers...you are so super creative. They are absolutely cute.

Papercrafting Beach Bum said...

This is the cutest little warmer I've seen! And it sure does beats chemical-laden products in healthiness AND adorable factor :D

StampOwl said...

love your felt hearts

Gabby said...

Very cute! Love all the details and the so cute felt hearts! Thanks for the video, too! :)

Sarah Gough said...

Such a cute idea! I've used rice bags for years instead of hot water bottles, so much safer and nice with a bit of lavender in them!

Inge Groot said...

And another fabulous idea!!! Those felt heart hand warmers are just too cute *sigh*:-)))

tanja said...

It's such a lovely idea
xxxx tanja

Beth said...

That is the sweetest idea!! I also love that its all natural! And the tag you've attatched them to is gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration this week!

Love Beth xx

Susan said...

Great tutorial! Love the hand warmers.

Kristy Hansen said...

What a cute idea. They are better than the store bought ones. My daughter would love these too. ksh

Lisa H. said...

another home run project! love the idea of this and the way you pulled it all together.

Darlene L said...

What a great idea. Thanks for the tutorial, very helpful.

stampingbowd said...

Very cute!!! You are so creative!!!!!

Love those hearts!!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! Great idea on those little stuffed hearts. What a great little gift!

katpooh said...

This is a great project! Thanks for sharing!

Angel said...

oh, these are awesome! my boys love using them when they have baseball games (in between innings, of course) when it's cold out!

Jan Garber said...

Fantastic idea! I can see bigger hands getting some warmth from these, too! Cute, cute, cute!

Debbie Carriere said...

You clever girl!!! LOVE this idea!! Love them and the sweet tag you attached them to is gorgeous!!!

Elle said...

Thanks for the video. I just adore your project!

jan farnworth said...

very fun thanks for sharing.

Shannon said...

Fantastic idea - especially in the cooler season! Love it!

Marta said...

Oh, I just love this tag!!!

Marta
sassyscraps1@yahoo.com

Tricia T said...

This is a fantastic idea! The die now goes on my wish list. Many thanks, dear enabling friend! What great gifts these would be for next Christmas!!!

Tanya said...

cute, cute, cute! what a fun idea.

Dawn said...

Such a cool idea Joanne! Beautiful!

Queen Mary said...

Love the hearts! Can't wait to get mine!

Clarissa said...

What an adorable idea....love that!

Tammie Koehnen said...

What a super idea, and so CUTE too!

Leslie said...

That is fantastic! You come up with the most wonderful ideas! Love the video too - I LOVE when you make videos as I'm a visual person so seeing it firsthand is perfect!

Teresa said...

LOVE it...What a fun idea!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

love love love these hand warmers! What a great idea! I really need to get some felt to play with!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is a simply fabulous idea Joanne! Beautiful packaging too! :D

Tracey said...

I love your hand warmers! What an amazing idea!!

Fiona said...

fabulous creation and a great idea in this chilly weather!!

fi
x

Trisha said...

Fabulous tags. Love the little felt hearts. How cute.

Sparkly Engineer said...

Now I am really impressed. That was truly a clever way to use the heart die cut. I'm going to have to case this for my little niece.

Janet said...

What a beautiful tag...the hearts are gorgeous.

Katico Crafts said...

Beautiful card!!

Michele Boyer said...

LOVE this idea! SO cute!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover