Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 22, 2012

Powder Day

You might remember that we had a freakishly early snow storm here in New England, in OCTOBER, but since then we've had nothing. Nada. Zip.  We sadly had to cancel a ski getaway we had planned because when we looked at the conditions and at the mountains web-cams we could see GRASS. YUCK. When I'm spending a small fortune to go skiing, I'd like to see only pretty white sparkly snow, and not any grass.

At long last we got two small doses of snow this past week.  In January, snow is pretty and lovely and sparkly. Still clean. (Not that grey gross stuff that collects on the side of the roads as it melts and combines with dirt.)

So yesterday while the snow was coming on down, I was excited to sneak away to my craft desk and get a little stampy.  I used the Deconstructed Sketch for this week as my inspiration, of course the main panel grew, and I added a little snowflake embellishment, and oops, I skipped the sentiment panel. But you see where I started from right?


For my snowflake I cut my Die-namics Let It Snowflake Die-namics from corrugated cardboard then painted it with white crackle paint.   This fun little stamp is My Favorite Things á la modes: Ski Bunny  multicolored stripe scallop was created with the Die-namics Simply Scallops.

No stamping for me today... off to cook for the big Patriots Game this afternoon!  Have a great day!

3 Comments    Post a Comment:

Katie Skiff said...

This is super cute. I'm enjoying a milder winter, but yes it doesn't do much for the outdoor fun! Have a great day.

Tammie said...

Awesome card...simple and pretty!

Jen Shults said...

This is fantastic! I love this stamp and your coloring and fabulous paper choice all make a wonderful card! Thanks for joining us for this week's sketch!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover