Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 13, 2012

Tying a Cheater's Bow

I didn't get a chance to ink up this adorable Precious Little Lamb: Fill My Heart With Joy as part of our recent New Release festivities for My Favorite Things.  I had picked up this October Afternoon Holiday Style patterned paper and though it is beyond Christmas, I think it is still fabulous for wintery cards!  I barely colored in much of the Little Lamb, he's mostly paper pieced and I shaded his fur with a light grey marker....

There is just a bit of the Solid Bracket Border Die-namics, one of my favorites, cut from corrugated cardboard. 


I had made a Bow Tying video just before Christmas, and I'd promised that I'd also show how to make what's called a Cheater's Bow.  If you missed my original Bow Tying Video Tutorial you can find that here....

Today I've used a quick and easy, nearly foolproof ribbon tying technique referred to as the Cheater's Bow.  I learned this in one of my first ever card making workshops... and its incredibly handy if you're having bow tying trouble!



Because I couldn't seem to incorporate that sentiment into the front of the card (and also because I adore this paper) I went ahead and finished off the inside of the card.  


Is it awful to say I'm hoping for a cold weather weekend where we watch entirely too much television and I get to stamp my brains out? I haven't had one of those weekends in a while....  Have a GREAT day! Hope to see you with lots of crafty goodness next week!

1 Comments    Post a Comment:

Leslie said...

Oh my goodness, the things I learn from your blog! Love this bow! Am off to practice :) Oh almost forgot, love your card too - that little lamb melts my heart!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover