Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 1, 2012

Bee Mine

Pin It

We're getting started on the New Release Preparations for My Favorite Things, but hold on, its Wednesday, so it is time to play along with the WSC!  This sketch is a little tricky at first glance, but simply take a rectangle, and cut in half for those overlapping panels.  I dug through my images to see what *needed* to get inky, and this Pure Innocence: Honey Bee is always a favorite for me.  And I especially love to use her for Valentines Day.  

I paired her with the October Afternoon: Sidewalks patterned paper.  Because I was loving the fresh colors on this paper, I didn't accent as I usually do, with kraft paper, but today I've done my layers with ivory paper.   I actually used Stickles on the bee wings.  If you know me, you know I call stickles my crafting nemesis. I can't tell you how many images I've botched with them, so I made very sure I was 100% done with my image before glittering those wings. And then I walked away.  As in until the next day. No lie. 



The flower embellishment in the sketch was replaced on my card with a Die-namics Hearts a Plenty cut from cork, and then I added a small sentiment flag...

So, just pretend you don't see those circular elements in the corners here... I've *loosely* interpreted those with a touch of zig-zag stitching in each corner.... I was loving the feel of these patterned papers together, and just couldn't pile it on today. (and... off the record, I'll mention, I typically omit these types of elements from sketches....I can never find enough matching buttons or other small embellishments.  I'm a paper hoarder, not an embellie hoarder....)


Be sure to drop by the MFT Blog today for a full listing of girls participating in today's sketch!  Now, back to regularly scheduled creation of previews for this month's upcoming release.  My desk is a DISASTER area, which means I've been plenty busy creating for you! Yeah!

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

conil said...

Just adorable. Big smiles and Kudos.

Nancy Thomas said...

This card makes me smile!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

This is just so sweet that it makes me giggle...seriously.

LOVE!
XOXOXO

Teresa said...

What a happy card! I love the colors and the image is too cute! Good job with the stickles. I feel your pain...I'm stickle challenged!;-}

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

omgosh, this is so cute and your coloring is so perfect, great lighting

Kary said...

So very cute! Love the colours and the sweet PI image!!

KelliJo said...

OK and I am TOTALLY giving you PROPS... TWICE... Stickles DRIED and those zig zag stitches I thought was INGENIOUS!!! I LOVE that little addition instead of embellies which can be bulky, it's soft and whispy like her glittery wings!!! :)

Karen Motz said...

Oooh that sweet cork heart with the tiny banner is just the most perfect accent!!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover