Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 7, 2012

Fore YOU!

After two weeks of grey and cloudy and cold weather, I'm so happy that the sun shining. 
Most people are in the business of hating Mondays, but I have a secret.

I sorta love Monday.

Kids head back to their classrooms, the house is quiet, and I get to throw in the first load of laundry and enjoy a blissfully quiet cup of coffee.  Don't get me wrong, I totally love and adore my children, but after a weekend of them running around here and making a mess. I appreciate the calm of an empty house.  I'm so lucky to work from home, so the time that someone else might spend commuting, I can throw in a load of laundry or mop that kitchen floor. After all, I don't want to work in a dirty office. *giggle*


Monday is especially joyful for me today because I've spent most of the weekend getting ready for Teacher Appreciation Week (by the way, you can see some Teacher Appreciation Cards here and here.  I also made three award ribbons for the boys classroom teachers and now off to finish the remaining 50 gift tags....)  

I'm stamping with the fun Who's that Girl Plays Golf and the layout is from Jen's Sketch for You To Try from last month. It's a great, and very versatile sketch, I'll add it to my list of standbys.   Of course I found a place to tuck in a pretty yellow bow, and a Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics too.  My tiny little sentiment fits neatly onto a Mini Tabs Foursome - if you haven't picked those babies up, they're highly recommended for those tricky sentiment treatments!

This week's Moxie Fab Challenge is to include one of my most favorite elements - gingham. It's classic, fresh and it just makes me SMILE! Be sure to play along in this week's Moxie Fab Challenge here!

Pattern papers are a jumble of October Afternoon (I love being able to sift through several collections from them, because they all seem to coordinate...) 

11 Comments    Post a Comment:

Karen Giron said...

Love this! She's just too cute in her golf outfit and matching bag. Love the paper piecing and the warm color combo.

Mirta Sanchez said...

O my gosh, yellow is my FAVE color! I would totally wear this outfit! SUPER CUTE! :D

Mirta Sanchez said...

O my gosh, yellow is my FAVE color! I would totally wear this outfit! SUPER CUTE! :D

Tricia T said...

What a happy Monday card! I love the colors and the big yellow bow!

Tricia

Inge Groot said...

Stunning card Joanne, love her gingham outfit!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Awesome card Joanne!! Great use of gingham for the Moxie Fab challenge.

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Gorgeous Jo!! LOVE the gingham!

XOXO

maria f. said...

There's something PERFECT about your card. The colors, the patterns, that bow. And for me the chica with the golf bag is definitely 1950s perfect. Love it.

Teresa Zuehls said...

Pretty card and I love that gingham! Such a pretty color. TFS

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Joanne! Thanks for linking this up to the Gingham Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Suzanne Russell said...

I adore the yellow gingham! So summery!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover