Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 25, 2012

Homemade & From the Heart

For today's project, I've used my MFT Stamps and Die-namics to dress up little treat.... I've created a gift pouch out of a brown paper lunch sack and then embellished and filled it with my favorite cookies. 


As a mom of two kids with severe food allergies, I'm very frequently making home-made treats.  I have a fun little packaging to share with you today.  It is created by folding up a regular brown paper lunch bag.  These would be perfect for tucking a little something into your kids lunch boxes, or a thoughtful favor if a friend stops by for coffee.

I've tucked a hand stamped recipe card for the little back pocket, but it could just as easily hold a little note.  In this week's Feature Friday video I'll show you how easy it is to create the paper pouch and then step by step how I embellished it.  I'm using the Tag, You're It stamp set, as well as the Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics.  Just a quick bit of embellishment with the Hearts a Plenty Die-namics and the Button Quartet Die-namics. The main panel is cut with the Circle STAX Die-namics.


Here's the recipe I use from Smitten Kitchen (my favorite foodie blog) only I sub in chocolate chips for walnuts, and craisins for raisins.  Oh my lord, they're so tasty! I still have one left with my name on it, the other two are treats for the boys...  I added the recipe title with the Typewriter Alphabet.  I cut the recipe card and its matching matting with the Rectangle STAX.


I've got a step-by-step video to share with you today, which shows how I create the paper pouch, and also how I embellished it.  You can find it here on YouTube if that's easier for you.



Thanks so much for stopping by today! If you make a little paper pouch, please leave me a link, I'd love to see what you're up to!

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Katie Skiff said...

Oh yummy!! That looks so cute, great job!!

Christy said...

Okay, this is just TOOO awesome!

Basement Stamper said...

Love this, the bag is adorable and the cookies look delicious.

Mona Pendleton said...

I saw this project on the MFT blog Joanne and had to visit your blog to tell you how adorable it is! Thanks for the inspiration!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, Joanne....that is THE cutest treat bag. I love it!!!!....I'm definitely going to have to try this!

Heather Rogers said...

Too cute! What a great idea. My son would love this in his lunch. Thanks for the great idea. :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover