Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 25, 2012

Homemade & From the Heart

For today's project, I've used my MFT Stamps and Die-namics to dress up little treat.... I've created a gift pouch out of a brown paper lunch sack and then embellished and filled it with my favorite cookies. 


As a mom of two kids with severe food allergies, I'm very frequently making home-made treats.  I have a fun little packaging to share with you today.  It is created by folding up a regular brown paper lunch bag.  These would be perfect for tucking a little something into your kids lunch boxes, or a thoughtful favor if a friend stops by for coffee.

I've tucked a hand stamped recipe card for the little back pocket, but it could just as easily hold a little note.  In this week's Feature Friday video I'll show you how easy it is to create the paper pouch and then step by step how I embellished it.  I'm using the Tag, You're It stamp set, as well as the Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics.  Just a quick bit of embellishment with the Hearts a Plenty Die-namics and the Button Quartet Die-namics. The main panel is cut with the Circle STAX Die-namics.


Here's the recipe I use from Smitten Kitchen (my favorite foodie blog) only I sub in chocolate chips for walnuts, and craisins for raisins.  Oh my lord, they're so tasty! I still have one left with my name on it, the other two are treats for the boys...  I added the recipe title with the Typewriter Alphabet.  I cut the recipe card and its matching matting with the Rectangle STAX.


I've got a step-by-step video to share with you today, which shows how I create the paper pouch, and also how I embellished it.  You can find it here on YouTube if that's easier for you.



Thanks so much for stopping by today! If you make a little paper pouch, please leave me a link, I'd love to see what you're up to!

Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover