Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 13, 2012

Capture the Moment....

When I first started blogging and card making, I had a set of appointment challenges that I liked to complete each week, to keep me working, and to challenge me to try new things.  But over the last year or so, I became so busy with DT work, and with my regular day job, that I didn't get to play along in things as often as I would have liked.  

I'm hoping to get more into the routine of regular stamping - though being realistic, that might be a bit difficult with both my kids home for the summer.  It's nice to have a goal though, don'tcha think?

Today I'm playing along in the CR84FN Color Challenge.  This week's colors were yellow, grey and a neutral. That clearly is a color selection that spoke to me.  Grey - check. Yellow - check. Neutral - um, hello my sweet friend kraft.
  

I'm the proud new owner of a Nikon camera. I've been wanting a "big girl camera" for a while now, and it arrived at my house on Mother's Day.  And this past weekend, I took an all day photography course.  Which I pretty much loved.

So, of course, the Behind the Camera stamp set and Die-namics was quite loudly calling my name. And I was only all too happy to oblige.  My little tab cluster was created using the Mix & Match Banners - just a smudge of scallop trim pokes out across the bottom using the Medium Simply Scallops Die-namics.

Pattern papers are from October Afternoon, with this fun piece of grey and ivory polka dot from Dear Lizzie.  This luscious grey satin pleated ribbon is from the Ribbon Carousel.

Here's the link to the CR84FN challenge this week.  I'm already excited to see what colors they'll choose for the next challenge!  How fun!

15 Comments    Post a Comment:

Karen Giron said...

OH I love this! I'm so happy you took a class and now you are hooked, am I right? Your card is gorgeous - I love the cardboard banner and the color combo is perfection!

Heather Rogers said...

Too stinkin' cute Joanne. I love the pretty papers and pleated ribbon. I understand what you mean about not having time to do what you want, I feel like that most of the time. I am glad you were able to join us this week at CR84FN. :)

Vicki said...

Love your post and your card. I am a photography buff also along with card making so I appreciate your card very much. Such a pretty color combo too.

Deborah Frings said...

This is fabulous! I love the camera die and sentiment - perfect together. Sounds like you had a super weekend too. Great work. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Joanne! Fab mix patterned papers and die cuts! Love that camera set! Squeal! Thanks for the enabling!! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Gorgeous Jo!! Love love this!!!

xoxoxoxo

Tara Godfrey said...

OMGosh, Joanne! I absolutely ADORE this card...it is absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE my camera but I wish it looked this pretty with bling and all! Love everything about this card!
Hugs,t

Unknown said...

Sweet card, Joanne! Love all the beautiful patterns and great textures! Congrats on getting a big girl camera - have FUN with it!

EllenaElizabeth said...

I do love your card, well done! I too recently bought a big girl camera and got a Canon 600D. I'm doing a day long photography course in July, can't wait. Great photos really make a blog shine. And that's what I want for my blog. I also like using the PicMonkey Photo Editing site, it's so quick and the effects are great. Thanks for sharing today.

Pauline said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the ruffled ribbon, and the die cut camera, what a fun card, and beautiful too!
Thanks for joining us at Cr84Fn this week!

Shannon White said...

Wow Joanne! This is so Sweet, Fun and Beautiful all at the same time! I am loving the Camera set and die-namics and the perfect dp's and touch of bling too! Goodness so much to love here! 8-) So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

Sue Lelli said...

Joanne, this card is just FABULOUS! LOVE the camera die and the cork heart! YIKES! So Cute! LOVE the ruffle and tab, too! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh no I see a new die in my future...this is SO CUTE! Love the floral paper you've used on it and the bling...CUTE CARD!!

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on your win, I loved this card!!!

Suzanne Russell said...

Congrats on the recognition! Well deserved. I love this card-loving all of the cameras in use right now-great trend

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover