Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 15, 2012

It's All About Dad

Okay everyone, Father's Day is just a few days away? Are you ready?  If not, I've got a few fun ideas for you that you can get ready in no time.... And if you're one step ahead of the game and you're already ready, you could easily take this idea and modify it for the Fourth of July!

Before I get to my project for today, I've got a BIG heads up!

My Favorite Things is excited to announce a SUMMER SALE! 


SAVE 20% on everything in the MFT Boutique from June 15 through June 18. 


No code needed.  Please note: *online orders only, retail customers only, not valid on previous purchases


Using the First Place Award Ribbon and the Perfect Pinwheel you can create a fun centerpiece for your breakfast table, or afternoon BBQ.  By the way....guess what makes a great (and totally inexpensive) vase filler?  ....rice..... I'm using a silverware caddy for my vase today.



I'm using the First Place Award Ribbon and instead of adding the sentiment to the circular panel the way I usually do, I've added the sentiment to the included double ended fish-tail banners and added some brass brads.   Of course, to kick mine up a notch, I added a Rosette, and created super-sized tails using Fishtail Flags STAX.  The entire piece is backed with an Open Scallop Doily.


The Doily was cut from corrugated cardboard, you know, to keep it manly!  I've attached mine to BBQ skewers to use as a centerpiece, but you could just as easily attach a pin back, add your award ribbon to a card, or gift bag.


The First Place Award Ribbon was cut from canvas, and if you haven't cut canvas or fabric with your Die-namics yet, you can find a tutorial on that  here.  If you haven't played with the Rosette yet,  here's a video showing you how easy it is to assemble it.

The vase is filled with Perfect Pinwheels.... lots of them.  12x12 double sided paper was great to mix and match for a whole bouquet of pinwheels.




If you're not quite sure how the Perfect Pinwheels work, you can watch a quick how-to video here:



I saw a fun tutorial for dimensional stars on Pinterest, and I was dying to try it with the Star STAX. Easy peasy to do and adds such a fun dimensional touch. Grab your ScorPal and bone folder and get scoring!


Since I'd already created a total disaster area on my desk, I went ahead and continued working with these same papers and Die-namics to make a Father's Day Card.
I used the Fishtail Flags STAX to make this fun banner for my sentiment from Well Worn Greetings.
....and added another one of these dimensional stars with my Star STAX.


But of course, I wasn't quite done yet.  How about another way to celebrate Dad?  I created a banner with the Jumbo Banner Day STAX Die-namics, a few more of these dimensional stars, and the By the Letters Uppercase Die-namics.


I had fun making this banner, but geesh, these things are awfully hard to photograph...


I know you've collected lots of stamps and Die-namics, and now's the perfect time to put something totally fabulous together for DAD.  Have fun!

Okay folks, I've made a complete and total disaster area in my stamp room. Off to clean!

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Heather Rogers said...

What a fabulous project. I love your dimensional stars. That banner is too cute as well. :)

hugs~

BethW said...

All of these are fantastic-and so bright and happy.Super great job!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Great ideas and cute blog! I'm your newest follower!

Megan said...

I gasped out loud (GOL?!?) when I saw this! There are SO many things I love here. I want my own little center piece now! Super love this post!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover