Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 25, 2012

Get Sketchy!

Hi friends! It's time for the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. This is not the card I'd planned to share with you all, that one ended up in the "circular file.


This is my second attempt at this week's Wednesday Stamp Club sketch. The first card I made, I fought and fiddled with, took photos of, took a second set of photos of, and then realized, the problem wasn't the photos, it was the card.  

So, I threw it out and started all over again. Fresh palette, new paper, different stamp set. And this time, I'm really excited and pretty much love this little card.  I'm trying to be a little less patterned paper crazy.  (Yes, I'm using three pieces on this card, but even so, that's less than usual.)



I was tickled pink when my Glitz Designs 6x6 patterned papers arrived the other day.  This one, Cashmere Dame, is my favorite of the four new lines.   I used the crisp black and white chevron for my background and for a sweet paper pieced shift for my little Pure Innocence: Love You With All My Heart and then I added the fun sentiment with Say What?  It's nestled onto a tiny Mini Tabs Fourseome Die-namics (I love the tabs of all sizes!)


Be sure to visit the MFT Blog today for a full list of designers with samples to share using this week's sketch.  Remember to add YOUR sample to the gallery for your chance at the weekly prize, selected at random.  You'll enter at the Splitcoaststampers Gallery using this week's keyword (listed in the sketch.) 


Here's the links for the items I've used in today's card:


7 Comments    Post a Comment:

Tracey said...

I can't believe you threw one of your cards out!! I am sure it was gorgeous!! Just like this one is!! So beautiful!!

Lisa H. said...

I just adore this! that black and white chevron paper is tooo, tooo sweet the softer, pretty papers.

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh so sweet Joanne! Love how you paper pieced her dress to coordinate with the background! Thanks for the inspiration.

Queen Mary said...

So fashion forward with the black and white -- and killer red shoes! :) I just love the two flags of patterned paper you chose!

Katie Skiff said...

How cute - I love the paper you used on her dress!! Beautiful!!

Gabby said...

Absolute wonderful card! LOVE the b + w chevron background and dress. :)

scrappingnana said...

Love your card and the papers. Sweet image with her paper pieced dressed.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover