Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 15, 2013

Lovey-Dovey

Hi everyone!  I hope you're having a great start to the week.  This weekend while all the men in my house were busy watching football, I snuck away to my craft desk to play.

I had a leftover 6x6 Burlap Canvas from Canvas Corp and I wanted to give that popular "chalkboard technique" a try.  I stamped this pretty sentiment from Lovey-Dovey Setiments with Versamark onto a Black Licorice Circle STAX, then poured on my White Embossing powder and gave it a zap with my heat tool.  


I layered that circular sentiment onto a 1/4 inch Rosette Die-namics.  That is perched on top of a Heart Doily Die-namics cut from Red Hot Felt.

I added a cluster of Fishtail Flags and a triad of MFT Buttons.  The Hemp Cord that MFT sells is so reasonably priced and lasts forever! Even when you use it constantly like I do!  Tip, if you're using a triad of buttons make sure to thread them differently, one two holed button, one criss cross stitched - oops, I forgot my own rule, I should have had a two holed ladder stitched button - but I remember thinking I'd been hiding a long time in the craft cave and that the guys were probably ready for some dinner.  


On the top corner I've used my Photo Corner Die-namics - I've been using those babies a lot lately.....  I cut it from corrugated cardboard, painted with crackle paint and then distressed the edges.  I've clipped on a set of the Keys and Locks Die-namics cut from Steel Grey cardstock.


Now that my canvas is all photographed and blogged I'm ready to send it into my husband's office to tuck on his bookshelf. He's been logging some crazy hours lately, and thought he could use a reminder.

Here's the list of MFT supplies I've used today, thank you SO much for stopping by!


6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Lisa H. said...

awesome! I did the same thing during football TV time this weekend. love the burlap and all the pretty Die-namics you used.

Barbara said...

Fabulous project, Joanne!

Unknown said...

Great project. I have only been making cards but I think I may just try something new as well, lou x

Gabby said...

Nice project for your DH. Like your design. All of the details work so good together. :)

Christy said...

This is GORGEOUS :)

Amy Rohl said...

This is just gorgeous, Jo! Love the burlap canvas....ooh, you've got me thinking now!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover