Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 14, 2013

H.B.


This weekend my son headed off to a birthday party for one of his good friends. These two have been in class together since kindergarten, and now they're in fourth grade. In fact, they met the very first day of Kindergarten orientation.  And now they're ten. What did I do, blink?  Before I know it I'm sure they'll be moving up to high-school.  GASP! 

As always, about an hour before the party I had to pull a card together.  <--- why do I repeatedly do this to myself?  Luckily I'm pretty well supplied where paper is concerned.  Moving into the double digits is a big deal around these parts, so I knew for sure that I wanted the number 10 to be the focus.  

Using my Circle STAX I cut a circle from kraft and then placed my High-Rise Numbers Die-namics in place, anchored with a piece of tape and ran through my die-cutting machine to knock out that type.  It then was placed onto a coordinating, slightly larger black Circle STAX and I tucked the center of the "0" back in with a bit of liquid glue.



I love this fun chevron print stamp that is included within the Lollipop Additions - Love stamp set.  I stamped it once in each direction to get it to ----> point <---- to the number 10.

The small "hb" was stamped to the tiniest Traditional Tags STAX using the Typewriter Alphabet and then attached with a mini-clothespin.   

Phew, scrap stash to the rescue and birthday card done, in under 20 minutes. Sweetness.

Here's a quick list of products that I've used in this quick little card. Thanks for stopping by today:



4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Annette Allen said...

wow this card is amazing...great design..

Gabby said...

All of your design elements ... framed 10, tag attached w/clothespin/twine, crackled bkgrd, stitching, flags, the chevron strip ... work together to make a terrific b.d. card! :)

Julie Marshall said...

Great card! Love the mini clothes pin.

Amy Rohl said...

Lol, I'm usually putting myself in that last minute mode, too! Procrastination has definitely worked in your favor because this is fab, and I am with you on loving that chevron stamp!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover