Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 8, 2013

It's time to SHOP for Holiday Goodies at My Favorite Things!

It is time for the newest products at My Favorite Things to hit the shelves! What products from the October Release are YOUR favorites?  Tonight I'm going to show off some of my favorites.

I'm sure it's obvious, but I totally adore the Sheet Music Backgrounder.  I'm using it on a few projects tonight because, well I'm obsessed!  My first card color combo is Steel Blue, Sno Cone, Pink Lemonade, Whip Cream and Steel Grey, oh and a tiny pop of Black Licorice. 

The sentiments in Lisa's new Grand Holiday Greetings are so thoughtfully designed, this is a must have holiday set! I've nestled the greeting onto a Designer Labels #4 STAX.  My little peek of silver was added using the Bracket Edge Duo.  On this card the Sheet Music was stamped with Sno Cone ink to Sno Cone card stock




The Pink Lemonade Card Stock was stamped with the Whip Cream Pigment ink using the Large Scale Backgrounds.  It's a soft and subtle touch, but just what I needed to complete my rendition of another of my Pinterest "Color Love" pins.

For my next card, I'm using the Sheet Music Background again, this time with a more rustic holiday feel.  The backgrounder was stamped with Kraft ink to Whip Cream card stock.    


I've added the sentiment with the Pierced Traditional Tags STAX - by the way, those layer perfectly with the original Traditional Tags STAX.  This sentiment is courtesy of the new Holiday Subway Art stamp set.  I actually chopped the stamp in half so I could stack the sentiment to next onto this small tag. Don't be afraid to do a little stamp surgery so you can fit your sentiments onto smaller spaces. I do it all the time! 


Using the new More Washi Patterns stamp set, I added a touch of woodgrain to my Fishtail Flags STAX using the Whip Cream ink.  This fun layout is from this week's Mojo Monday Sketch.  

I diecut the Poinsettia from Paver Red card stock. This gorgeous die is currently out of stock, but did you know you can click "NOTIFY ME" an you'll get an email when it's back in??  Go add it to your notify list, it's beautiful for Christmas projects.

Of course, the Pierced Traditional Tag STAX is also perfect for a little gift tag making.  I like to have a stash all ready for outgoing gifts.  I've used the largest tag for the base, layered with the original Traditional Tags STAX, and then one of the tiny tags for the "to and from".  



Look how nicely the Tree Lines Die-namics fit across the tag front. Totally perfect right?  

The Sheet Music was stamped with Kraft Ink and given a nice soft coat of Distress Ink all around.  A trio of Fishtail Flags peek out across the bottom and the sentiment was plucked from the Ornament Banner Builder Stamp set.  The Olive Ink is gorgeous on both the kraft and Factory Green card stocks.  I've attached the Jellybean Green ribbon with a tiny Natural button.

I realized that I hadn't used either of the new Pure Innocence images, and they are beyond cute.  I grabbed a sheet of watercolor paper, my Distress Markers and sat down to paint a little scene.  These images are just TOO perfect for this technique.  Plus, I find it highly relaxing.  Watercoloring and listening in to some new fall TV on my iPad.

This cutie is called Happy Christmas - I watercolored her first, then added to a Pierced Rectangle STAX then matted with the Postage Stamp STAX.  The sentiment is from Lisa Johnson's new Snowflake Splendor stamp set, which sits perfectly within a Pierced Circle STAX. (I love these pierced  STAX!)  


I've returned to one of my favorite color combinations that I used earlier this week.... Wild Cherry, Blu Raspberry, Steel Grey and Whip Cream.  Look I even snuck in that green tree which is basically Factory Green.  The Sheet Music Backgrounder adds just enough detail to fill the layer without it feeling vacant yet doesn't detract from the main image.  

Don't forget that all the new sstamps, stencils, Die-namics, inks, cardstocks and more are all available NOW in the MFT Boutique.  You'll want to stop by the MFT Blog for a full list of designers with samples to share in tonight's New Product Tour! 



12 Comments    Post a Comment:

Tracey said...

WOW!! You were busy!! These are all gorgeous!!

Lisa H. said...

beautiful, Joanne! love each one. That first one is a gorgeous color combo and I adore the PI mounted on the postage stamp mat.

Victoria H. said...

Just beautiful, all your projects are just too beautiful! Thank you for sharing all of them and making my wish list longer...hehee.

Tricia T said...

No wonder you are ready to get rid of your dp!! These are fantastic!! I can't pick a favorite -- I love them all!!

Alina said...

very pretty cards, Joanne, I love the tag!!!

Petra Swart said...

All your cards are beautiful, but I specially like the Mojo Monday one!! Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That Music Sheet card is stunning! I absolutely LOVE it! Beautiful work!

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous!!! the color combo on the first one is so striking! Love the sheet music stamp on the three projects! Love the banners peeping out from the tag!

Gabby said...

Nice cards and tag! Lovely poinsettia. :)

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Hi! These are all gorgeous! I linked over from the Mojo Monday post...yours is just stunning and a winner for sure! :)

Jodi Collins said...

These are BEAUTIFUL Joanne!!!!! I LOVE the layouts and your fantastic color combos on these!! One is more gorgeous than the next!!! LOVE!

AmyR said...

Love all of these - and kudos on the "stamp surgery" LOL - I STILL have a really hard time cutting them apart - my OCD freaks out every time ;)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover