Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Oct 8, 2013

Ornament Banner Building with My Favorite Things

Tonight's the night! I've been having such a blast with this month's release from My Favorite Things and I hope you're excited to finally get your hands on your favorite elements!

The new release will be available tonight at 10pm EST.  Just before that, please come join us at the New Release Party on Splitcoaststampers from 8-10pm EST.

Today I'm playing with the Ornament Banner Die-namics and the Ornament Banner Builder Stamp Set.  Say that three times fast.  What a cute and fun pairing!  I sat down to my stamp desk armed with my Pinterest inspiration photos for colors.  Today's color combination is Blu Raspberry, Gumdrop Green, Whip Cream, Black Licorice and a touch of Silver.  Love love love.



The ornaments come in larger and smaller sizes, they're very close, but you'll see if you look closely, these are actually two slightly different sizes.  The tiny black strip is a piece of the die that is designed to cover the top ends where the strings anchor.  Genius.

As you see, I've reached for the new Music Note Backgrounder. It's a MUST I tell you!  I don't have a block large enough for this beautiful cling rubber stamp, so you know what I do, I have it clung to one of my Sizzix panels for my Vagabond. It's only the perfect size.  Love that.

The sentiment is anchored with one cheery Blu Raspberry Button. This color combo makes me inordinately happy.  Here's the inspiration photo I worked from, you can follow my Color Love pin board here.



23 Comments    Post a Comment:

Marisa said...

Darling card!!

Natalie said...

This card is SWEET!!!

Tammy H said...

inordinately Happy. Boy does that sum it up. You and your card afford me the same glowing feeling. LOVELY!!

Cathy said...

Love the colors you used on this card!

ZieZo Knutsels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marijke said...

So lovely!! LOVE it! Especially the music background and colour combo. WOW!!

Tracey said...

Seriously gorgeous Joanne! A beautiful colour combo!!

phylliszimm said...

great color combo!

Debbie Nelson said...

Love your color choice!

Annheidel said...

I love your color combo! The ornament banner is so fun. I really just love the whole card! :)

Julie Ann said...

I love your card it is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE....you get the point!

Michelle K said...

I'm loving that Blue Raspberry too!! I agree that music background stamp is a MUST!

Kristie Goulet said...

Great color combo!

Leslie said...

Such a pretty card and one of my FAV colour combos for Christmas! I have a vase of Christmas ornaments just like the photo :)

wendy said...

so pretty, love the added sparkle !

Unknown said...

Now I'm thinking this banner is a must have - loving all the projects that the team has used this on. Great JOB!

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

I really like this vintage look holiday card. You layered everything perfect!

Kari V. said...

LOVE this card! Has anyone tried playing the music from the background music stamp? Do you think it's a Christmas carol? Thanks for the tip on using a Sizzix panel to stamp it! I'm going to use that one!

Queen Mary said...

I thought you were a genius with that color combo and you let out you had an inspiration piece! Well, you are still a genius because the card is perfect and I would have been flummoxed! You do wonders with that blue raspberry! Thanks so much for showing us so many options!

Colleen said...

Great card, I love your color choice.

K. Joy said...

Sooo pretty, I love the colors. The musical background stamp is definitely in my favorites!!

Gabby said...

Nice card! Pretty colors. :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover