Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Feb 8, 2014

Sailboats and Waves with My Favorite Things - Release Countdown Continues!

Welcome back to another day of the My Favorite Things Release Countdown. Can you tell I'm loving the nautical theme? 

Be sure to check the MFT Blog every day during the Release Countdown for information about the SEVEN $75 Gift Vouchers. I mean really, you don't want to miss the chance at the first $75 of your order being FREE right?  
I had a blast creating this card using lots of new stamps and Die-namics - I'm sure you've noticed, but lately I'm addicted to the MFT Cover-Up Die-namics. Today I've got a peek at the new Fishnet Cover-Up Die-namics.  It's cut from Nightshift Blue card stock and framed behind a piece of Electric Red card stock and set on top of the Primitive White card stock. Each layer is bumped up on dimensional adhesive for lots of texture and depth.
 
 

The Sailboat Die-namics is SO stinkin' cut, the boat features embossing and it's so easy to make your own cute little boat.  (I searched Pinterest for lots of nautical inspiration).  I used the Striped Background cling rubber stamp with Nightshift Blue ink to create the sails of my boat, and added two tiny little flags. I added one teeny-tiny little Sno Cone star.

I've added three Fishtail Flag STAX and a trio of MFT Buttons. Here's a tiny tip, be sure to mix the stitching on your button trios, I've got one with two buttons, one with straight stitches and one with a cross stitch. 

How about another one? 

I love mixing my new stamps and Die-namics with others in my collection for new possibilities.  The new Making Waves Die-namics is AMAZING.  The waves face in opposing directions so you can alternate the wave pattern.  Since it is an on the edge type die, you can cut your wave onto any length of card stock.  

I layered my waves on top of the Sun Ray Die-namics for some instant scene building - fun right?  A few little Flat Bottom Clouds sit up top.  This cute sentiment ties it all together with the Go Overboard stamp set, which you'll see in more detail later this week.


Please do yourself a favor and remember to head on over to the MFT Blog for a full look at the stamps and Die-namics which are being previewed today.  You'll want to be sure to pop around to visit all my friends on the MFT Design Team - and of course,  you want a chance at one of the SEVEN $75 prizes being given away this week. You'll find all the details <HERE>

Here are the links to all the products I've used today. See you again tomorrow!





14 Comments    Post a Comment:

Margaret R said...

The card inside is fabulous - what a great idea!

Debbie Nelson said...

Awesome!!! So bright and cheerful!

Judith said...

I am impressed by this card! Love all of the layers, especially the Fishnet Cover-Up!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Gorgeous!!! Both are just so full of life!!

XOXOXOXO

Unknown said...

Great layers

Tammy H said...

Your card is so adorable. I absolutely love that fishnet cover plate.

Anonymous said...

Love these Jo! Especially the sketch one, I am working on mine right now!

Heather Rogers said...

Both are fabulous, Joanne! I am in love with the fishnet cover up. :)

Tracey said...

These are both awesome Joanne!!! Love your cards!!

Unknown said...

These are both great cards!

jeannine said...

Great cards! Love the new dies and stamps!

Janelle said...

The Fishnet background adds so much to your very cute card. Love your bold colors on both cards.

Patt H. said...

Love your cards! i need that Fishnet die! It works beautifully with the nautical dies!

Gabby said...

Fantastic design and use of dies, stamps and color on your sailboat card, Joanne! The two-way waves look great on your second card. TFS :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover