Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 20, 2007

Cool, Delightful, Happy Birthday


I didn't have the colors to participate in today's color challenge. So, instead I searched back through the thread to find one that I could do. I loved these colors together, but hadn't yet made a card for this challenge.


My grandmother is the queen of sending cards. She remembers everyone's birthday, and sends my boys a card for just about any occasion you can think of. She's the best. She asked me to make a set of birthday cards for her and just asked that they be "cheerful." She's really just the cutest ever.

I have to say though that the cool caribbean background stamped on the piece of white, was a big challenge for me. I have such a hard time with backgrounds. This is a small sized element out of the Delight in Life set, and I always have a hard time lining it up so that I don't have white space around it, or overlap the image. I **could** take out my stamp-a-ma-jig, but that's a lot of work too. I keep saying I need to get back into using the wheels, but then, there's another thing I'd have to add to my shopping list. Ink for the wheels. Any advice?
All the details - Color Challenge cc95
cardstock and ink: Cool Caribbean, Basic Black, Whisper White stamps: delight in life, happy everything embellishments: brad covered with a glue dot then dipped in dazzling diamonds, ribbon (from Joann's) , 3d foam mounting squares

1 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I love the layout, the color combo...everything.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover