Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 13, 2007

Funny how that happened.....

So, my new goal is that I want to try to complete at least ONE Splitcoast Challenge per week. Each day of the week a different challenge is posted. Either a particular layout you must use, a specific color combo etc. As it turns out, I did a card over the weekend that meets the requirements for this weeks Limited Supply Challenge. Here it is:

I made this card for my cousin Chloe's first birthday this past weekend. I wanted to cover the big bug on the front in Dazzling Diamonds, but ran out of time. I'm going to make another one of these to keep in my stash and glitter the daylights out of that little caterpillar. In the process, I'm sure I'll get covered with glitter too. DH always gets a laugh out of me after a glitter project.

Since I didn't do this with the challenge in mind, it just sort of fit the criteria, I'm going to complete a second challenge this week. I'm not sure yet if it will be the Color Challenge or the Layout Challenge. It will depend on if I have the materials outlined for the challenge.....

I figure this will be a good way to learn new techniques, and move out of my comfort zone. I've become WAY to reliant on my scallop punches. Trust me, I LOVE them, but feel that its getting a little trite....

1 Comments    Post a Comment:

dawnmercedes said...

Totally...do the sketch challenges. It is my favorite challenge...and if you do like the color combo from the day before...use those colors. Preso magic...you have a double challenge card!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover