Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 21, 2007

Meet My Friends - CraftyMomof2


I know I talk about her here all the time, but this week I'm introducing you to CraftyMomof2 over at Paper Canteen.

We’ve been friends for what feels like forever...I met Meri on bid day for our sorority. She was literally bubbling over with enthusiasm, hardly able to contain herself, simply gleeful. During our time at UMASS we had many, many adventures, and stories that will still make me laugh so hard that tears stream from my eyes.

She jokes that she has an addictive personality...but, I say that when she sees something she likes, she throws herself in whole heartedly. I asked her last week if she'd be willing to send me a little something for my blog, and will you look at this funky little tin with a mini scrapbook inside that she made especially for all of you to see?? I got my hands on it at my project club meeting last night and let me just say that the details go on and on and on! Sparkle here, bling there, a snip or ribbon here, and a great mixture of reall cool paper.... I love all the photos that capture the personality her two children just perfectly.


Here's what she had to say when I asked her for a little snippet....I'm a SAHM of 2 kids. My daughter is 2.9 and my son is 15 months. I'll be married for 11 years this coming October and I'll be with my husband for 16 years next month. Life is hectic, wild and fabulous. I have a degree in Apparel Marketing and was in retail for years. I was into scrapbooking years ago and then fell out of interest with it for a long time. That was until I had my children. I have 2 12x12 albums just of my daughter. The album for my son has yet to be started (poor guy!). I have everything collected, packaged, and ready to start...but I always seem to have other projects going on. But it's ready when I am so hopefully I can get to it soon!

My dearest friend Joanne and I have been friends now for almost 15 years. She was my confidant and partner in crime in college as well as Maid of Honor in my wedding. We are very lucky to live very close to each other and despite life's twists, turns and challenges we've remained always close.



I love this craft as it provides instant gratification and is truly practical. I love to learn new techniques and there's nothing better than hanging out with dear friends sharing a hobby that you love. Gone are the days of pouring over fashion magazines and shopping at Bloomingdales *sigh* but this is much more rewarding and gratifying. The best part is that I get to share and enjoy with the women in my life that I love dearly. "



Meri, thanks for all the laughs, smiles and yes, even the tears we've shared. Here's to the next 15 years of our friendship!


details:
Cardstock: SU! Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green, Pink Passion, Chocolate Chip
Designer Paper: Heidi Grace Designs - Mushroom print, Stacy Claire Boyd - Mod Squad Collection, Martha Stewart
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, Pomegranate
Stamps: SU! Three For You - Punch Box, Wild About You, Bugs and Kisses, Warm Words, Doodle That, Stampendous - Princess ChickEmbellishments: Cuttlebug Embossing Folders and Die Cut (bee and flower), Heidi Swapp Bling, Dots-Dashes-Check ribbon from Michael's, SU! 1/4 " Grosgrain ribbon in Chocolate, Turquoise, Apple Green, Rhinestone brads from JoAnn's, Swirl Clip - Making Memories, All other brads are Making Memories, Sakura Stardust Pens, SU! Three For You Punch, a variety of adhesive

Process:

I created a template/pattern using the tin as a guide for the top and bottom as well as the inside. I traced the tin on scratch paper and then cut the pieces out. I then traced them (all free hand) onto my chosen cardstock. I then cut the pieces out free hand (there has to be a better way but I haven't figured it out yet since it's my first one). The pieces don't fit *exact* but they're very close. I'm kind of picky about details so the fact that they don't fit perfectly vexes me a little.

I then measured the inside and cut my album at 12" wide by 3" tall. The individual album pages are 2" each so there are 6 of them on each side.

I printed the photos of the kids on regular paper (just because I didn't have photo paper) but if I were doing it for someone else I would invest in the photo paper. But my printer is pretty good so the pics on regular paper came out pretty decent. I decorated the tin first and then the album. I added the pics of the kids at the very end and then decorated it a little more. All in all it probably took me about 3 hours.


4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

had to leave a quick note that the blog today somehow brought tears to my eyes - tears of giggling memories, wild laughter, as well as nostalgia about UMass years past (& thereafter) with you girls :-) love to you both!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

i've always considered myself BLESSED beyond BLESSED to have you and the rest of our girlfriends in my life. love you tons and thanks for the post! SMOOCH!

xoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

Very cute project! Sounds like a true friend! :)

Anonymous said...

wow! I love the tin and the insides! I treid this and I made my inside book too think! lol. Great layout!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover