Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jun 19, 2007

Quiet, when its so loud in here


Its always a madhouse here, my house is always trashed from all the kids, and last night, after being so annoyed with not being able to fix my prior swap attempt this was just the bit of quiet and serenity I needed.

There were a lot of pieces to stamp here... three flowers to trim up for 12 swaps not to mention four additional layers. Sitting quietly with my paper trimmer cutting up all the elements, stamping and trimming all the flowers while watching "trash" TV (pretty sad when the 4400 is the only thing on to watch). I got at least half of the cards I needed stamped, I'll finish the rest tonight. Its a relief to have something to swap, and to have so much of it accomplished already.

This card is a huge departure from my usual style, usually "cutesty" is my thing, but I really love the two new blues together and it was nice to step out of my usual comfort zone. Its funny, this was the stamp set that I liked the least out of the preview catalogue, but then I saw all the gorgeous creation all my blogging friends were making with it...I had to give it a try. Ironic that this stamp is now the one I like the best out of my preview purchases!

The question is do YOU like it?
details: Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla, Bayou Blue Ink: River Rock, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky accessories: Silver Brad, dimensional - all supplies Stampin' Up.

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

CraftyMomOf3 said...

i absolutely LOVE it jo!! it's super elegant and very classic.

nicely done!

xoxoxo

Unknown said...

I love it Joanne! I am not in love with this set either - not my style at all but this card certainly changes my mind about it! :)

Kathy W said...

definately swapping with you. I got mine yesteday and have yet to get a chance to stamp with it. I stalk your blog everyday to see what new creations she has come up with today. I am always amazed that you have time to stamp everyday-stampingsuperwoman!
Kathy

Dottie K. said...

Do we like it? It's absolutely beautiful. Love the colors!! I enjoy your blog everyday. Thanks so much for sharing your talent.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, love the colors!

Jackie said...

I do like it - I can't wait to order that set!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover