Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 20, 2007

Fall Flowers

Beate does a sketch challenge every weekend, and last night, I carved aside some time to join in on the fun.


My sample for the uses my new Designer Series Fall Flowers paper from Stampin' Up as well as Sahara Sand, Old Olive and Really Rust cardstock.


I used the "Priceless" stamp set from Stampin' Up for the sentiment and the little butterfly image. The butterfly is stamped on Shimmery White paper to brighten it up a little bit. It is so hard to see here, but the swirls from priceless are stamped in versamark to leave a watermark on the sahara sand layer. I would have used S.Sand ink, but I don't own any. At least, not yet that is!

Be sure to stop by her blog to check out the other submissions using this sketch.

I've had a "Big Buckle" card on my to do list quite literally for months, and I finally bumped it to the top of my list and started measuring and cutting up the paper. I followed a tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers for the measurements. It was so easy, just a matter of figuring out what stamps and paper I wanted to use! I settled on "So Very Happy" for the flower, along with some double stitched Soft Sky ribbon for the main image, and then used the sentiment "Friendship" from a set I picked up to help replace one of my favorite retired sets from last year - Riveting. I'm without catalogue right now, and in a little rush, so I'll come back and edit the post to include the name of the set. Bad girl. Too many new stamp sets to recall their names. Bad, bad, bad.


I'll be demonstrating both of these cards at my upcoming Fall Flowers Card Class. The class will be held at my home in early October. If you're interested in attending or recieving a kit to make the cards at home, please email me at basilefamily@comcast.net.

6 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Joan, the challenge card and the Buckle card look both amazing! LOVE them.
Thanks so much for playing with the sketch.

Hugs and smiles

Dottie K. said...

Love both of them. :)

Unknown said...

Both cards are great!! Love the colors on that second one!

Alhambra Club said...

These are both great, love your choices for color combo on them.

Anonymous said...

Joan, your cards look wonderful!

Liz said...

Lovely work! I can't wait to try this out myself!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover