Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 4, 2007

Challenge Challenged?

I loved the idea behind today's color challenge at Splitcoast. Groovy Guava and Always Artichoke. What I needed was a sketch. I remembered that I hadn't yet made anything for Beate's Weekend Sketch challenge....so I popped over there to see what she had going on.

With the help of my Marvy mega circle and giga scalloped circle I was able to cut out the circles...now just to fill them up. As I hunted through my cabinet, all the images seemed to small to fill up that space. But then, I grabbed "Doodle This" The larger flower seemed to be about the right size. And finally, a chance to use my new "Wonderful Favorites" that I earned from Stampin Up thanks to my most amazing customers!

As I'm typing this, I feel like the card needs more, more, more. I have to say, its just really hard not using my crutch, designer paper, but I had none that fit this challenge. The top of the card has the flourish from Doodle This and the bottom under the sentiment panel has the smaller flower in the set as the background. The So Swirly wheel would have been fun here, or the Tres Chic background stamp maybe... I **might** just pull this apart and start over. I'm not sure. But for now, naptime is over, and so is my stamping!

5 Comments    Post a Comment:

Anonymous said...

Joanne,
I think it looks great. Love it!

If you wanna add something without having to rip it apart, you could just add a big jewel brad in the flower center . Or/and maybe a white tab underneath wonderful with friend or something else fitting stamped on it.

Thanks so much for trying out the sketch! Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

beat me to it! love it
>K

CraftyMomOf3 said...

i love this jo!! so pretty!!

Tara said...

love it...you did a great job!!! :)

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover