Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 4, 2007

Groovy Skies at Last

Again on the better late than never theme, Splitcoast had a color combo challenge a few weeks ago that was titled "CC:128 Groovy Skies" where the color combination was two of the new In Colors - Soft Sky and Groovy Guava. I had some cards to work on, and thought this would be a fun challenge to try out.


I bought "So Happy" as one of my first new catalogue orders to make my Uptown Folio for my monthly project class. As you can tell from my samples, I love polka dots. I also think the big bold paisley in this set is way cute (I used it to make a coordinating envelope). And, you all must be SO bored with my use of double stitched ribbon, I can't help myself. It ties such a nice little knot. The horizontal slot punch is a great wayto use just a touch ribbon on the card, rather than a big honkin piece going all the way around.

I tried hard to keep this card clean and straightforward, but the front panel here, just needed some lovin. I stamped the linen background with groovy guava and then overstamped it with the "tres chic" background stamp also in groovy guava.

1 Comments    Post a Comment:

Liz said...

As the lucky recipient of your Uptown folio, I can absolutely attest to how wonderful of a job you did with putting it all together! I was hesitant about that set but after seeing the folio, it's on my Wish List now!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover