Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 18, 2007

Combined Challenge


My friend Kathy and I have set a goal of completing at least one Splitcoast Challenge per week. She beat me to it this week, but here's mine.


I combined both the Try Something New challenge of making a 2, 5, 7, 10 box as well as the Color Challenge - to use River Rock, Really Rust and Chocolate Chip for today's post.


I've been wanting to make a little box like this for a while, but had a lot of other things on my plate. When it came around for the challenge this week, I just knew I'd have to play.
I switched mine up just a little bit. I know that lots of people have a hard time tying the bows just right and get frustrated. So, I simplified the closure by just making the top tuck in under the scalloped circle. If you make one, just make sure to put your adhesive only on the bottom half of the circle and it will tuck right in there.

These are SO fun, and SO easy. You've got to give it a try. I'm going to email my attendees for my upcoming fall flowers class and see if we can switch the notebook we were going to make for this box because I think they'll enjoy it! Be sure to check out the Splitcoast Gallery on this one because many players have changed their little folded flap into an open topped box with a handle. Cuteness!

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Carol said...

Such a cute 2,5,7,10 box! I love how you closed the box with the scallop circle. I checked out some of your other posts also - great blog!

Anonymous said...

Love it with designer paper and twill. very nice job on challenge.

I keep forgetting my password, no I will be your anonymous stalker-
aka- kathy challenger

Karen said...

I love it! Very different from the others I've seen!

Unknown said...

So pretty Joanne - Love your choice of colors, and the twill tape looks great!

Anonymous said...

Joanne,
your box looks wonderful! Reminds me of chocolate or coffee....
I love the closure with the scallop circle!

maiahs_momma said...

Love this box that you created, very beautiful :)! Love the floral patterned paper, and the layout of the box too...amazing job. Going to have to try this out...

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a gorgeous box! I LOVE it! Oh and thank you for the BEAUTIFUL card! What a nice surprise! You truly made my day!

Unknown said...

Too stinkin cute Joanne

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover