Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 7, 2007

Crop-O-Dile It!

My six month club met last night - it was already the sixth meeting! I can't believe it. We've had so much fun together and I really enjoy our time together.

Last night, we had a mini shower for one of my friends who is pregnant with her first child. I pulled together a card for her for all of us to sign. While cleaning my stamp table to make the card, EEKS I found a stamp set I had borrowed from my friend Laura (loyal blog reader and sometime prankster!!!) so embarrassed!

Since we don't know if Baby F is a girl or a boy yet, I went with Certainly Celery and So Saffron for the card. In fact, I already had one of these cute pregger girls dressed in a So Saffron Petal Prints dress so it really speeded production of the card!

Using Beate's sketch challenge from last week, and my certainly celery designer prints paper I quickly laid out the card, and punched a scalloped oval with my marvy uchida punch. Wasn't loving the ribbon on this one for whatever reason... but then I had it. A scalloped border with eyelets. And, how speedy was I able to make it with my handy-dandy CROP-O-DILE. The depth gauge made perfectly precisely lined up holes, and then the eyelet setter popped those little yellow beauties right in there fast, but most importantly, silently since my little ones were sound asleep!

Thanks to my wonderful "fabulous four" and to all the guests that have joined us to fill empty seats during this first session. I'm already looking forward to next month's meeting!

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Marie said...

This is REALLY cute. I sure wish some of my friends stamped too so that I would get cute cards (like when Daniel was born)! As it is now, I'm the one that gives everyone cute cards ;)

Tara said...

cute card...I love that you did the dress out of patterned paper...great idea!!

Dottie K. said...

This is so cute. Love the dress! :)

Unknown said...

Fabulous card - I'll be case'ing this one!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover