Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 29, 2007

Love the Triple Clip!


A friend of mine had really wanted to attend my clipboard project class but due to some health complications she really can't complete the project on her own.
So I had her select the paper she liked the best and I agreed to make one up for her.


I'm so glad she picked Le Jardin paper from Stampin Up. I'm just tickled pink with how this came out and it was so fun to do. After a few days of being sick and lazy on the couch, it felt great to get back to work!

To begin, I held the clips open with twist ties from bread bags so that I could ink around them. Then used stampin sponges and q-tips to get in all the crevices and in between the clips.

Using a Stampin Up Bashful Blue craft pad, I smooshed and twisted the pad all across the top half of the frame. Yes just, smoosh and twist, smoosh and twist. I then went over any light spots with a stampin sponge. I love how these ink up, it has a really soft, sueded texture.

I applied the designer paper to the bottom half of the board using Stampin Up greeting glue. I also used Greeting Glue to adhere the designer paper to the chipboard accents. Threaded the buttons with hemp twine and attached them to the chipboard with glue dots.


When you adhere the chipboard elements, just be sure to anchor them on the bottom half of the element leaving room for the photos to be tucked inside. I used pop up glue dots on the bottom half of the flower, and moved my photo corner to the very edge of the mat so that it wouldn't interfere with photo placement.
I added the title "Happiness" on a chipboard slider from the OnBoard Accents that I had lying on my desk covered it with bashful blue craft and then once it was dry I stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink. I added the wide grosgrain ribbon through the slider and then added a jumbo eyelet on each side, threaded the ribbon through and secured it on the other side with a pop up glue dot. I tucked a glue dot underneath the slider as well to give it a little dimension and so that it won't interfere with the photo placement.
I hope she likes it, this one was really hard to give up. To quote Phoebe from Friends "I have a secret.... I want to keep it."







10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Kathy W said...

WOW,WOW, WOW= amazing work yet again, maybe you should be sick more often. just kidding....

Anonymous said...

What's not to like?! Your friend will ADORE this creation. I know what you mean when you say that you'd like to keep it... every so often I create something that is VERY hard to part with. Keep up the FAB work!

Rubber Hugs,

Char in So Cal
scrampaddict@cox.net

Liz said...

WOW, WOW, WOW! I'm blown away. What an amazing project. This AMAZING. I am just in awe. You were right in saying that I would LOVE this. Girl, you're so creative! Drooling...

Julie Campbell said...

Wow! You just keep coming up with AWESOME projects! I luuuuhhhhuuuvvveee this!!!! :) So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

SuperCool CreationS said...

LOVE it! Really beautiful, Jo. I wouldn't want to give it away either! Hope you are feeling better!r

Unknown said...

Beautiful Joanne! It came out so pretty!!

Nancy Riley said...

Joanne, this is FABULOUS!!!! Your customer is going to be so excited when she sees this! I am completely drooling over this! WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!

Corie said...

OH my this is so FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angie Tieman said...

This is gorgeous!! IT was so nice of you to make it for her! I haven't tried one of these yet, so thanks for the inspiration!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover