Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 21, 2007

Spotted Birthday!


Wednesday's challenge is a Sketch Challenge and is one of my favorites. Its so easy to get a card done when the layout is already decided for you!


I added Big Bold Birthday to my most recent order and knew I wanted to use it for this week's challenge to stock up on birthday cards, and the green and blue funky polka dot paper from the Cutie Pie collection has been patiently waiting its turn to come out and play!

The only thing that slowed me down was that I needed to trim up the stamps first!
The card base is Old Olive stamped with the polka dot pattern from then a layer of Bashful Blue. This funky dotted paper is from Cutie Pie (one of my favorites!) and then the cupcake pieces were stamped, trimmed out and popped up on dimensionals. I added dazzling diamonds with my glue pen to create sparkly little sprinkles on the cupcake and to dazzle up the flame on the candle.
That white panel was just too plain for me, so I faux stitched it up with my mat pak, piercer and Old Olive marker.
I just love how this came out, so fun. I'll be making a LOT more of these today during naptime.

10 Comments    Post a Comment:

emily anderson said...

this card is beautiful! i love it!
emily

Rose Ann said...

Beautiful card!! I love the colors, sewing, pretty ribbon...everything! Wonderful!!

kathyw said...

love the cutie pie paper, I will have to totally case this one.

I figured out how to not be anonymous anymore :}

Unknown said...

Joanne these are awesome!! I'm totally thinking case, but I don't have that set . . . don't make me buy it!! :) Love the card!

Kelly said...

Cute! Too cute. I love the polka dot paper!

Anonymous said...

Joanne, this turned out gorgeous!!!
I love the faux stitching. You know you can do that way easier with your All in a Row stamp. LOL
I love the paper and colors you chose!

I have this set, but it hasn't seen ink yet. I might have to get it out!

Crafty in Calgary said...

What a beautiful card- I love the soft colors!

Corie said...

I love this -- so beautiful!!!

Angie Tieman said...

Found your blog from Beate, super cute stuff!!

Nancy Riley said...

Super cute card! Love your faux stitching!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover