Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 8, 2007

Try, Try Again



I showed you my groovy doodles card the other day, and the more I looked at it, the more I knew I just wasn't done with it. So, the next day, I added some layers, and covered over that super dark panel of artichoke.



And, thanks to Beate's awesome suggestion, I added a circle rhinestone brad. I was thinking mega eyelet, but the blingy brad was perfect!


Then, I had to clarify exactly who it was that is so wonderful, and that is my Mom. I added back in some of that artichoke by using a faux stitch of the blanket variety. (See Emily G's tutorials section for all sorts of fun faux stitching patterns.)


Now, I'm happy to say that I LOVE this card. So much so that in fact, I had to upload the super up close picture of the flowers, with the brad, and that fun faux stitching!
Details: With the exception of the Marvy Giga and Mega circle punches, all supplies Stampin Up. Groovy Guava ink and paper, Always Artichoke ink and paper, Very Vanilla paper. Stamp sets incude Doodle This, Canvas and Wonderful Favorites. Mat pack, paper piercer, always artichoke marker. Stazon black ink, aquapainter, ice rhinestone brad, corner ticket punch.

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

The card is so pretty and your additions and changes to it are perfect!!

Corie said...

This is GORGEOUS!! Your additions are just the perfect touch!!

Anonymous said...

It is quite a pretty card and looks lovely sitting on my desk. I'm so proud of my very talented daughter. Loveyou, MOM

Anonymous said...

Joanne, this looks freaking gorgeous!!!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover