Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 16, 2007

Flowers for Laura

When Laura was here for my Fall Flowers class, she loaned me her "Just Like You" stamp set and the Flowers For You paper to try to come up with something for her.

While in between sessions that day, I put something together... but to be honest, I didn't really love it. Its okay, but looks empty and hurried (I was!) to me .... I had to try harder.

There is a lot of purple in this paper, which I have to say I'm just not a fan of working with. There is a total creative block for me and purple.

However, there is also a lot of pink in this package of paper... and I love pink! So, the very next card I made with this was all pink. Its a z-fold, my first z-fold in fact, and I used my SU markers to color in the stems and flowers some are pretty in pink and some are regal rose.


It has a double matting of those same colors which I then roughed up with an edge distresser. The card is finished off with the Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon.

I really like this girly version. I think the only thing I might do is go back and add some glitter to the flower tops......

Left entirely to my own devices, I would have sewn all the borders of the matting with some coordinating pink thread I picked up the other day, but wanted to keep the card strictly SU so that Laura could use it in a workshop if she wanted to.

But I had to try even harder. I knew Laura wanted something with brights in there, and yes, gasp, the purple too. So when there's paper I'm not sure what to do with... what do I do? Add more paper that I'm even MORE unsure of. And somehow, it all came together I think....

This card has a scalloped edge bordering the middle flowered piece of paper and again the flowers were inked with my markers, but this time, I added the purple and turquoise from the paper into the flower petals as well.

Finished off with a snip of both white and the pretty in pink taffeta ribbon as well.
As I look at this finished card, a double pocket card comes to mind for this too. Would be super cute, but eeks, I already used too much of Laura's paper.

Of all three, I like the z-fold best. How about you?

4 Comments    Post a Comment:

Dottie K. said...

So pretty! You've been a busy bee. :)

Dawn Easton said...

Your cards are fantastic! I just opened this DP for the first time today! Love what you did with it!

Laura said...

See, Joanne, I knew you could do it! You just see things that I don't!!! My favorite is the one with the....PURPLE my FAVE color!
Artisan 2008, baby!!!

Bonnie said...

so very pretty! I love this set!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover