Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 16, 2007

Want to Color?

I'm loving this Fast & Fun Notes set. What darling cards, so many occasions, and everything comes together quickly with watercoloring.

A few months ago, a demo in my group showed us all some watercoloring tips she learned at convention. I was in love with what she showed us, couldn't get over how easy it looked, and how great the results were. So of course, I went home and placed an order for the brushes, stamps and watercolor paper. I'm so bad!


This card design is very similar to the colors Jen used in her demonstration, I just added designer paper and some ribbon. I wanted to the designer paper to merely accent the coloring, I wanted all the watercoloring to be the real focus of the card.


This yellow version is watercolored with So Saffron and River Rock ink and then lots of dazzling diamonds on top. In real life its so sparkly and pretty!


I'm going to offer this set as a class to my monthly project club attendees. We'll make two of that birdie Thank You card I shared the other day (minus the machine stitching) and then this Get Well and Congratulations card.

supplies used: Fast and Fun Notes, So Saffron Cardstock and Designer Prints paper, Cutie Pie designer paper, River Rock cardstock (for matting) and double stitched ribbon, slot punch, Very Vanilla Cardstock, Watercolor Paper, Small Watercolor Brush. All supplies Stampin Up

1 Comments    Post a Comment:

Dottie K. said...

Wow these are just adorable. Love how sparkly the 2nd card is. What a great class these would make. Lucky ladies to attend your class. :)

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover