Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 5, 2007

Its that time again....

I'm work on my monthly supply of "House Cards." My friend and upline Erica loaned me a set to use because I was getting tired of using the Right at Home set every single month.

And, of course, because I don't like to make the same card over and over again, I have something at least sorta new to show you.

This uses the Old Olive designer prints paper on an Old Olive card base. The sentiment "Happy Anniversary on your home" was made with a combination of the Happy Anniversary sentiment from the "Hugs and Wishes" set from SU and my Karen Foster Snap Stamps.

The image was stamped in Stazon and then colored in with Prisma Color pencils and blended with -get this - Baby Oil gel! I read on the Splitocast Forum that you could use baby oil instead of gamsol and with the gel, I don't have to worry about it spilling, or toxic fumes, or flammability and to boot - it smells wonderful!
Have a great day everyone. I've got a big stamp night planned with just myself, a girlie movie and a glass of vino. Is it bedtime yet? wink.

8 Comments    Post a Comment:

Dottie K. said...

This is just so adorable. :)

Liz said...

What did you use to blend the baby oil gel with the Prismacolor pencils (did you use a blending stump)? I'd love to it a try! The results look great to me!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

OH I LOVE this! It's adorable!

Sew Club said...

Perfectly simple! Love it!

Julie Campbell said...

Ahh! This card is so cute! Love how you created your own sentiment!

Daisydaze said...

I love the card. Hope you have a chance to guide in using the baby oil....all this is new and any help is greatly appreciated :-)

Allison Rankin said...

Thanks for your note Joanne! This is such a sweet card...what a fun image!

And I know you said you loved "Au Chocolat"...are you sure it was the post office that screwed up or are you secretly hoarding it? Just kidding!

maiahs_momma said...

Love this card, too cute :)!

Hugs,
catherine
www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover