Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 25, 2007

Keep it Simple

A friend of mine asked me for an idea for a stamp set that she could use for both little boy and little girl birthdays. You wouldn't think that "By Land" would be my first inclination, but after that super cute card that Christie made with it a few weeks ago, that's what came to my mind.

Coincidentally, I then needed to create birthday cards for my twin cousins who just turned two last week. So, a boy and a girl card with "By Land" was the selection.

While I like to add lots of layers, and embellishments and mix and match my stamp sets, I tried to really keep these cards simple so that if my friend wanted to follow this idea, it wouldn't be TOO much of an investment.

I did use the "Happy Birthday" from another SU set, but any Happy Birthday sentiment would work here.
The stamps are colored with Stampin Write markers, huffed on and stamped directly to the paper. No trimming involved. I did use some brads for the wheels, I used some over sized non SU brand ones that I had in my stash, but again, pretty much any brad you have on hand would work here.

Embellishments are simple, gingham ribbon for the girl card, hemp twine for the boy.

Colors used here are Pretty and Pink and Regal Rose with some designer paper from the Petals and Paisley collection for the girl and Bashful Blue and Brocade blue with a little piece of paper I had leftover from the "I'm Here" Simply Scrappin Kit (now retired) but this would also work well with the green and yellow paper from the Petals and Paisley collection, or any number of the designer prints paper.

Don't you think these would be easy to mass produce to have a stash on hand, or whip up now and again as needed?

10 Comments    Post a Comment:

Unknown said...

SO CUTE Joanne! Great cards- easy and quick but adorable!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

super cute jo! love them! miss you!!

xoxo

Nancy Riley said...

Joanne, these cards are perfect examples for your client!!! They're so cute too!

Unknown said...

These are great Jo. Exactly what I had mind. Adorable and easy mass production for little ones' birthdays. Thank you!

Liz said...

Very cute! I am so glad you posted this because I've got so many friends with toddler/school age kids and the cutesy baby stamps just don't work anymore! Definitely a great idea!

Melissa said...

These are perfect! Excellent job!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my! These are fantastic! I would have never thought to use it for girls...but you nailed it! Awesome job!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I LOVE these, Joanne! I just got this set, but haven't had a chance to mount it yet. I can't wait!

Ros said...

Such great cards and something I would have never thought of doing for a girl. Stamp set was on the wish list but was pushed back, might just have to put it back on now!

Anonymous said...

Jo,
You've made me decide to add this stamp set to my collection!
Audra

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover