Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Nov 14, 2007

Naughty or Nice?

I've had this idea for a Naughty or Nice clipboard since I saw the Naughty or Nice set in the mini catalogue. So as the days are ticking down till the end of the Holiday Mini - I figured I'd better get my act together.

My plan is to attach the boys photo with Santa to this, and use it as a holiday decoration on my mantle. It would also be so cute with a notepad attached to the front, a magnet attached to the back and hanging on your fridge for shopping lists.

To attach the paper, I cut a piece of Cerise designer paper the same width and height as the board. Then I held the paper against the front of the clipboard and made a notch next to the width I'd need to cut around the base of the clip and then measured how far down the clip comes. I cut out that rectangle in the center and adhered the piece to the board using SU's greeting glue. Smoothed it out so that there were no bubbles and let it dry.

Once everything was dried, I cut two very small snips of cerise paper and tucked it in behind the clip from the top again, adhering it with greeting glue. Any small spaces of board that showed through, I covered up with my Real Red stampin' write marker.
The sentiment "naughty or nice" was split apart and nested into a 1 3/4 circle with the help of my stamp-a-ma-jig. It is anchored on a scalloped circle and attached to the clipboard with a pop up glue dot.
I did take my boys to see the big man yesterday and my five year old happily hopped up and chatted with Santa. I even tried sitting in the picture myself to get both boys in, but my little one would have no part. "No SANTA, NO SANTA!! Need Mommy." He was happy to wave and say Hello from a distance this year. Maybe next year!
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover